News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I swear, this really happened...

Started by BananaDan, July 09, 2012, 08:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Ok, so it's almost two months later but I just have to share this.  When it happened I really wanted to post it but I thought it was a little bit too much given the temperature of the board in regards to the duck incident back in May.  The thread was then locked and I said screw it.  I swear on the Bible, the Magna Carta and the Dead Sea Scrolls, this really happened.  

The original duck thread was started on 5/10, how can we forget it, right?  
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91528.0.html

It was locked on 5/14 around 5PM.  That same night, I came home from work after picking my son up from day care.  We get out of the car and who is crossing the street to walk into our yard but these two ducks.  Seriously, I thought I was losing my mind for a second and seeing things.  It was mind blowing.  You should know, there is no river, no lake and no pond near my house.  I have never seen ducks in or around my property in the 5 years I've lived here. My neighbors said the same and they've been here for 11.

It was crazy how coincidental it was.  Bill440RT can attest to this because I called him while my son was feeding the ducks hot dog rolls to tell him I was losing my mind and that Jim's lost duck's parents came to my house to check me out.  The ducks can vouch that I had nothing to do with the abduction though.  After eating we had a chill talk.  They said thanks, gave me a pound and continued on their travels.

Anyway, as I said, I just had to share this...  If anything, Jackie asked for more duck pics.  The last two are videos.   :rofl:

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

71ChallengeHer

Fred

That's just crazy. But you know why they came (you said as much). They heard something about sausages on the grapevine/quackline.  :lol: I guess you're in the clear though, I don't believe they reported back to Jim.
Gorgeous ducks.
That's one beautiful boy you have there. Always nice to see kids smiling. :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

BananaDan

Thanks Fred.  He's my little dude all right.  And the best part, he loves nothing more than daddy's yellow race car.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

nvrbdn

ha ha thats funny. we get the ducks to the porch all the time here, and they are pretty tame and eat out of your hand, but we live on a lake. ive not seen them that friendly not being around a lake. that is cool. bet your son really enjoyed that day. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

ok, that explains how you got the pics for the cut outs.  :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on July 10, 2012, 06:56:01 AM
ok, that explains how you got the pics for the cut outs.  :lol:

Who said Dan got the pics for the cut outs?  :think:  :whistling:  :angel:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nvrbdn

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................   :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BananaDan

resq302

Quote from: BananaDan on July 10, 2012, 10:47:03 AM
I smell a conspiracy.   :whistling:

No such thing as conspiracy.  Just like there is no such thing as the Mafia.  We are all just "family" who takes care of each other.   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

nvrbdn

we will just have to see who has the duck feathers in their luggage :scope: :misbehaving:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

so what did Dan do with the other 2 missing ducks?

maybe they were dinner?

Bryan

bill440rt

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 10, 2012, 12:16:40 PM
we will just have to see who has the duck feathers in their luggage :scope: :misbehaving:

:scratchchin:   :whistling:

:icon_smile_wink: