News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new Job!

Started by Drache, July 08, 2012, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Ok so I was offered a job awhile back. One that would pay me double my current salary. So I quit the current job, spent $4000 on all the equipment I'd need and... 3 days before leaving home for the job, I was told the position was cancelled, sorry. So I was unemployed for the past month.

The 4 hours ago I got a call from the boss who cancelled my job the first time.

"Hey Kyle do you want a job?"

"Sure?"

"Ok leave your place at 2:00am tomorrow and I'll see you that night when you get here. Bye!"

"Wait! What am I doing, how long, for what pay? Hello?"

*dial tone*

"Son of a B***H! Oh well...."

So I'll be driving 15 hours to the camp and will be there for two to three weeks to find out what I'm doing for work....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

That's what you call "Living in the moment!!"  :icon_smile_big: Best of luck man!!!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Old Moparz

If I read this right, the guy who screwed you over the first time by cancelling the job is offering you a job again?   :shruggy:

My first thought would be to tell him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not in your position, meaning out of work, so if you need a job badly, you may not have a choice to pay bills. I'd be very cautious & wouldn't trust him at all after that. I've personally seen coworkers promised things from scumbag employers & get screwed over later. One guy was offered a "5 year" position in AZ to move from NJ & that his relocation expenses would be paid for. He took the job, spent $3000 moving his crap, was then told $3000 was much too high & was given $800. After 4 months the work was completed & he was across the country & unemployed.

Maybe you trust someone who could care less that you quit a job for them, but that's your business.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Drache

I sort of wanted to tell him to stick it but I really couldn't do that.

Anyways first night here and there is a STEEP learning curve in this camp. Mainly because I was hired and currently being trained for the Supervisor's position of this camp. Wow I have some fast learning ahead of me!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

What are you doing?   What kind of camp?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Quote from: skip68 on July 10, 2012, 09:07:47 AM

It's a natural gas plant.

I'm what they call a "camp cop". Simply I'm just security but here I can give out speeding tickets, make sure there is no alcohol or drugs on site, conduct room searches, etc.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Drache on July 11, 2012, 08:03:13 AM

I'm what they call a "camp cop". Simply I'm just security but here I can give out speeding tickets, make sure there is no alcohol or drugs on site, conduct room searches, etc.

....and NO SMOKING!!!!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 11, 2012, 04:10:09 PM

....and NO SMOKING!!!!!
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

Best of luck to you! Keep yourself as neutral, cheerful and silent as possible. Some are gonna want to talk your ears off to figure you out, use caution!  :2thumbs:

Drache

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 11, 2012, 04:10:09 PM

....and NO SMOKING!!!!!

That is true too. No smoking unless in designated areas. I also have to deal with any wildlife problems as well.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlackDodge

Natural gas plant? I had no idea my old man hiring! :lol:

Good luck!

BBD

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.