News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post pics of your big 4x4's

Started by 440, July 04, 2012, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS71owner

Got this 1994 Sierra a couple years ago from my mom and stepdad when they bought a new Ford. It's got some rust but otherwise in perfect running condition. Hoping to get new sheetmetal for the cab extensions later this fall.

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 10, 2012, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 09, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Love that look. I want some more aggressive tires for mine.. Thinking KM2's as they are cheaper than Interco but Ideally I'd prefer something in the Interco range.

IIRC the Interco's on my Daughters truck are 37X12.5X17's....got them thru Summit, IIRC $1500 shipped, 10 ply bias design, each tire weighs 122 lbs (includes the rim)

Mike

Yeah, pretty steep for tires... The KM2's are only like $200 a tire...

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 440 on July 11, 2012, 01:37:35 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 10, 2012, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 09, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Love that look. I want some more aggressive tires for mine.. Thinking KM2's as they are cheaper than Interco but Ideally I'd prefer something in the Interco range.

IIRC the Interco's on my Daughters truck are 37X12.5X17's....got them thru Summit, IIRC $1500 shipped, 10 ply bias design, each tire weighs 122 lbs (includes the rim)

Mike

Yeah, pretty steep for tires... The KM2's are only like $200 a tire...

The KM2's are good tires, they can get spendy too depending number of ply's and size...Interco are spendy because they are geared for the off road crowd rather than street use, the Thornbirds on the kids truck are 10 ply, 6 plys on the sidewall for puncture protection and firmness, and 4 plys on the thread...plus being 37" they get spendy,...local dealer priced them at $550 each!!!!...Summit did the whole deal, rubber/excise tax and shipping for about $1500

I used Dynabeads to balance the tires, small ceramic beads that get thrown in the tire just before mounting them on the rims.....work GREAT!, because I was told by many that Interco tires are a biotch to balance because of the thick carcass of their tires sidewalls....but the rig cruises up to 80 MPH without any tracking or vibration issues,....but man they are loud tires, sounds like a train going down the road!....but the kid loves them, and that's what counts

Mike

Agreed. Interco's are top notch but not as street friendly. I also agree big tires can be hard to balance due to the many thick layers and ply's, first time I've heard of Dynabeads.

When I do get new tires I'll probably go for the KM2's as they are quite a bit cheaper. Although I try not to I tend to burn them off quicker than I should. Still on the original A/T's from when I bought the truck, the tread is starting to wear especially on the edges and can only be rotated so much. There is still plenty of life left in them if I drive sensibly but my willpower expires shortly after I spot a Prius.  

Thought I'd pass along a photo I took of a Mopar at work.... It was my favorite truck at that event some odd 10 years ago. ....

TruckDriver

My 2001 Ram 1500. Got the 360 in it. I plan to put a 3in lift in it, Eagle Alloy wheels, lighted visor too.

I dont like the factory wheels on it, so if anyone close has a set of the chrome 5 hole rims in good shape, let me know.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twodko

Now that's a fine looking pickup TD AND you won't be snagging any power lines with it. :D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

TruckDriver

Quote from: twodko on July 14, 2012, 07:54:57 PM
Now that's a fine looking pickup TD AND you won't be snagging any power lines with it. :D

Thanks and Yeah, lol :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mauve66

Quote from: redmist on July 07, 2012, 03:03:27 PM
No chainsaw or even chains for me...   ;)

The guys behind me needed the saw though.

no pics of it climbing over the log??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

redmist

Nope sorry...

I do have pics of it climbing over rocks, forklifts, flatbed trucks, and who knows what else.

The logs are easy, but you must be careful as branches can come through the floorboard, or into the engine compartment and damage stuff.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

jb666

redmist

sorry it's so huge, haha

A short video of the jeep operating so folks can see it work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLCL64wedoM

Heres another one taken on the same day, but down below the cloud cover. the area is the Gospal hump/ buffalo hump area above Elk city Idaho‎ 45.657998,-115.591407 on National Forest Develop Road 205 to be EXACT!!! You can track the road up to wiseboy lake, and Mirror lake. Those are the fun spots!!

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

You sure can't beat the scenery of being deep in a trail. Sometimes you come across unexpected things.

We headed down an old logging trail and found a power station, looked like no one was home but we knocked on the door anyways for shits and giggles. To our surprise someone (caretaker) opened the door and we got a tour of the place. We also got to see the control room and watch him bring a generator online. It was probably one of the coolest places I've been, but I doubt you'd be able to do that these days though.

six-tee-nine

This one count?

1974 Merc Unimog. Waaaaaay underpowered with only 82 Horses but it comes with portal axles and the drive train is fully lockable. Drop the tire pressure and you'd be surprised where you can get......

Bought it for $ 600 so I could'nt resist
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...