News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Have you ever sent a Charger to the crusher?

Started by BananaDan, June 08, 2012, 07:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever sent a Charger to the crusher?

Yes
29 (41.4%)
No
41 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 70

nascarxx29

Not a charger though a V Code bird went to crusher
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

djcarguy

wouldn't this bird be fixable now days??   few days on frame rack and new parts??  texas plate ,maybe low on the rust scale??          just dreaming,sad, looked pretty good before it was ass ended..

buckeyecharger

Yes I have  :'( back in 2000. It was a 69 318. Pulled it out of the woods with a tractor in southern Ohio. Paid the guy a case of Bud for it. It was a hell of a deal. Plenty of good parts I stripped off of it. Used a ton of those parts and sold some too. Scrapped the 318, tranny, rear end, steel wheels, the shell (minus firewall, and tail light panel). Unfortunately I did throw out the roof, deck filler panel, and other odds and ends.

hemi-hampton

Back around 1988 sent a nice 73 Charger SE (black, white top) to Junkyard after I pulled the 318 to put in my 70 Charger.  LEON.

GOTWING

I have only sent a 73 Plymouth Satellite 4dr. that was rear ended, I pulled the 318,904,and rear out and put in a brown 73 Charger Rallye I picked up for $200  that the owner had removed the 340 motor and trans out for his Duster. I put the powertrain from the 4 dr. in the Charger and used it as a winter driver, later sold the car, it's a shame because the #'s matching motor and trans is in the Duster. The 8 ¾ rear from the Rallye I got back and it is going in my 73 Charger I had in high school.

Another crazy true story from last summer was a complete one owner 1970 burnt orange GTX that had sat outside forever was sent to Donavan's salvage works in Georgetown De. A motor head friend of mine happened to be there scrapping some stuff and called me and told me about it sitting there inside the fence, he went inside the office and asked them if they would sell it?  they wanted $6,000 for it . By the end of the day a few other Mopar guys found out about it sitting there and the news was going around fast about it being sent there. Well a good honest Mopar guy that I'm friends with called the original owner and said hey man why did you send the X to the junkyard? The orig. owner freaked out on the phone and said what the heck are you talking about !! the owner called the police after realizing it was not a joke, The car was stored all these years at a relative's home and they had sent the car to the junkyard without his knowing, long story short he got the car back and now it resides still outside of course at another relative's property.  :brickwall:

Darkman

Not yet   :nana:

There's been many times recently where the thought has crossed my mind  :rofl:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on June 13, 2012, 09:15:19 PM
Not yet   :nana:

There's been many times recently where the thought has crossed my mind  :rofl:

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.