News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy has a question!

Started by Ram07, June 18, 2012, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ram07

And...no, not about a Dodge at all, but I think I have a little money maker project that I can flip....not big time money or anything...but anything extra get's put away for a Charger...that's the way I see it...Hopefully will have some friendly folks on here to help out with advice and such.
I bought an '81 Pontiac Lemans (don't attack me...tried a Lemans fourm....just not friendly like here....you Guys a pretty close!)...it's rust free...everywhere...a perfect starter for me. Has 54000 kms, it was on the road until last year....he lost his licence, will pass a saftey....right now!... Bought it from the orignial owners son..so it's true..but yeah, a Grandma car, it has potential...I do have pics of this one. I paid $300 for it! Problem is it's a six banger, and I would like a low buget ride, that some kid might like....also bought a early '90s chev pickup from my buddy...why?..Cuz it has a freshly built 305(ok..not so fresh...2 years ago),but its fuel injected... that cost him a couple grand...got that for 500...whole truck...need the motor, scrap the rest...so, I'll get my money back on scrap....or parting it out...probably scrap it.
Would any of you guys be willing to help out....this will be my first ever build like this...I'm gonna need help!!!

Please...I'm kinda lost  :shruggy:!

Won't post again on this site....hopefully someone will walk me few a couple of things...

Thanks,
            Russell

Ram07

Oh yeah...also have my hands on a parts car...that has an 8 cyl...no clue what size...and goodies like buckets, centre console. window louvers, what ever they are called....guess it was the sport version of the thing i bought!

Mytur Binsdirti

Budnicks

Maybe try over at www.HighPerformancePontiacs.com forum there are some good guys there, that can help you out some probably.... an "81", It's not a big money maker car, that's for sure, don't put too much money in it, if your not going to keep it...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Cooter

Sorry, but like said, an '81 Pontiac was sold to you because it just isn't worth anything to anybody buy Circle track guys for the I believe they call them "G" bodies.

Swapping in a V8 with it's B.O.P.Trans bellhousing will also be a problem. Sell it and get rid of that thing.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ram07

Well...thanks for the replies...I think!
I'll just keep lurking on this site until the day arrives when a Charger is sitting in the drive way....until then, this is all I have.. :'(

Still think I got a good deal...I've looked and looked, can't seem to find a rust free, running/driving Charger anywhere for $300!!!

Guys at Gbodyfourms like my car... :nana:

Aero426

Not worth putting a lot of cash into.   So drive it as is and save your money.    Or scrub it up and sell it for a modest profit now.    Putting a V8 into it is a waste of time and your money.  

Ram07

Sigh...maybe a tune up, a good cleaning and fresh paint, maybe give it to my daughter...she's 17...gotta admit...it looks cooler than an old toyota or kia......was never meant to make money on....but $300...I'll put a few hundred in it...thats about it...Thanks for the replies!