News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

im sick of people making a living on ebay

Started by The Ghoul, February 02, 2006, 10:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

ok this has been getting to me alot.
I am sick of pople buy these 'great oppertunitys' packages that give you a vender coades for part companys. then they start selling this crap without getting any of it in there possesion first  ::) or even checking that the places that they get it from have it in stock.
oh and for the products they are usualy junk from china.
then if all this stuff wasnt bad enough there are lots of people doing this. so now when ever you try to look for something you have to sift thru 50 peoples listings selling the same piece of junk with the same pictures and every thing.
I think the thing i hate the most about it is the lack of selection. I have been looking for a new bumper cover for my impreza for a fiew years and keep seeing the same 3 pieces of junk all because the company bought out that particular knock off company that year, because no one would ever buy the junk unless they wone it for $1. (then payed $100 in 'shipping' charges.
oh then there is stuff like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-3L-Subaru-Vanagon-Conversion-Skid-Plate-Extension-16_W0QQitemZ8016829475QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
im guessing if they dont know enough to buy and cut a chunk of 2x4 tubing they probably dont know how or where to have it welded in.

beedees

Out of idle curiosity, what do you do for a living? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Big Lebowski

Ebay's like a Dodge Charger Wall st. According to Ebay's red '70 Six-pack car at $110k, We all should get $100,000 bids now
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

well some people make money being lawyers, some people make money on ebay, whatever floats your boat as they say
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

As much as I usually despise eBay, I'm not going to knock anyone for making an honest living off of it. It's a great way to expand your customer base AND it's really cheap advertising if you think about it from a business perspective. Internet sales are much cheaper on overhead than brick and mortar stores too. I think most of the sellers on eBay do it on the side and not technically to put food on the table. However, just like any business, you have to deliver or your sales dry up pretty quickly. Overall, if you're one of the ones who can pull it off then why should anyone else's opinion matter?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The Ghoul

Quote from: Troy on February 02, 2006, 10:39:36 PM
As much as I usually despise eBay, I'm not going to knock anyone for making an honest living off of it. It's a great way to expand your customer base AND it's really cheap advertising if you think about it from a business perspective. Internet sales are much cheaper on overhead than brick and mortar stores too. I think most of the sellers on eBay do it on the side and not technically to put food on the table. However, just like any business, you have to deliver or your sales dry up pretty quickly. Overall, if you're one of the ones who can pull it off then why should anyone else's opinion matter?

Troy

same as telemarketing, and recruiting... doesn't mean that I don't have the right to be annoyed by it.
deedees, I have the good fortune to be a student at the moment. I am going to school for mechanical engineering while working at a small ma and pop machine design company doing detailing work. which is why I cant spell and why I view ebay to the point where it annoys me.

dodgeboy67

being an ebayer myself, it is a great way to earn some cash for the charger , or whatever else ......ebay is a great way for smaller businesses to be competitive

ive read in the indy star newspaper, that since ebay has become so much of a money maker, the government is going to start making you claim your earnings

we cant be mad at people for trying to make some cash without the government getting their share.....most of us would , or have done it ourselves

but on the other hand.....some people like to over price,and sell junk, just because they know how big of idiots some people are.....now thats whats really wrong

Charger_Fan

Quote from: cudaeh on February 02, 2006, 10:12:01 PM
...because no one would ever buy the junk unless they wone it for $1. (then payed $100 in 'shipping' charges.
There's a guy at work who got some part for his truck (don't remember what) & the seller was doing just that, selling the item for $1 and charging $100 (or maybe $150) for shipping.
Now, any normal person with actual brainwaves would think something's bogus about that. ::)

So, he get's the part & it doesn't fit (hmmm, that's odd), so he tries to send it back.
Seller; "Sure we'll return that, how much did you pay?"
Putz at work; "$1"
Seller; "No problem, but this other part costs $100 and you have to pay shipping"
Putz at work;  :rant:

Me...; :lolexplode:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger4404spd

ok this has been getting to me alot.
I am sick of pople buy these 'great oppertunitys' packages that give you a vender coades for part companys. then they start selling this crap without getting any of it in there possesion first  ::) or even checking that the places that they get it from have it in stock.
oh and for the products they are usualy junk from china.
then if all this stuff wasnt bad enough there are lots of people doing this. so now when ever you try to look for something you have to sift thru 50 peoples listings selling the same piece of junk with the same pictures and every thing.
I think the thing i hate the most about it is the lack of selection. I have been looking for a new bumper cover for my impreza for a fiew years and keep seeing the same 3 pieces of junk all because the company bought out that particular knock off company that year, because no one would ever buy the junk unless they wone it for $1. (then payed $100 in 'shipping' charges.
oh then there is stuff like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-3L-Subaru-Vanagon-Conversion-Skid-Plate-Extension-16_W0QQitemZ8016829475QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
im guessing if they dont know enough to buy and cut a chunk of 2x4 tubing they probably dont know how or where to have it welded in.

So just quit doing business with ebay sellers. All in all I think its great, except for all the scammers trying to rip people off :flame:

BigBlockSam

i make my money for my projects off of ebay. i don't drop ship anything. everything is in my possession when i sell it. mostly guitar and bass stuff. i treat people with respect and have mostly been treated with respect back. i have made a good client list and sell alot of stuff outside ebay now.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

greenpigs

Quotewhich is why I cant spell and why I view ebay to the point where it annoys me.

Which is why we have the spellcheck feature.

I have paid for my collection of car magazines buy selling the extras on Ebay so I think selling is great. If you can make a living doing it even better, but I doubt many people can ONLY sell and get bye, its a supplement to mosts income..
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

THE COLONEL

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 07, 2006, 06:37:51 PM
i make my money for my projects off of ebay. i don't drop ship anything. everything is in my possession when i sell it. mostly guitar and bass stuff. i treat people with respect and have mostly been treated with respect back. i have made a good client list and sell alot of stuff outside ebay now.

That is the same as me.  I have it before I sell it.  That extra money goes toward The Colonel, and for family vacations.  I might as well make money from stuff around the house.  It's just play money to me.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Recharger

Quote from: greenpigs on February 07, 2006, 06:41:12 PM
Quotewhich is why I cant spell and why I view ebay to the point where it annoys me.

Which is why we have the spellcheck feature.

I have paid for my collection of car magazines buy selling the extras on Ebay so I think selling is great. If you can make a living doing it even better, but I doubt many people can ONLY sell and get bye, its a supplement to mosts income..

What was that you said about spellcheck?   :D

67RedCharger

You are furthering your education with such sentence structure to be a mechanical engineer?  How the heck did you ever get out of high school?  I had to go to summer school when I was in high school to pass English, but I didn't present to the world such flagrant violations of handling English.
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

The Ghoul

Quote from: 67RedCharger on February 07, 2006, 07:20:35 PM

Corrections made in parenthesis since the spell checker wasn't used.   :scope:

ok (Ok) this has been getting to me alot.
I am sick of pople (people) (who) buy these ' (omit ') great oppertunitys' (opportunity) packages that give (gives) you a  vender coades (code) for part companys. then (Then) they start selling this crap without getting any of it in there possesion ( possession) first  ::) (,) or even checking that the places that they get it from have it in stock.
oh (Oh) (,) and for the products (,) they are usualy junk from china (China).
then ( Then) (,) if all this stuff wasnt (wasn't) bad enough (,) there are lots (a lot) of people doing this. so (So) (,s) now when ever you try to look for something you have to sift thru 50 peoples (people's)  listings (,) selling the same piece of junk with the same pictures and every thing.
I think the thing (that) i  (I) hate the (omit the) most about it (,)  is the lack of (a) selection. I have been looking for a new bumper cover for my impreza (Impreza) for a fiew (few) years (,) and keep seeing the same 3 pieces of junk all because the company bought out that particular knock off company that year, because no one would ever buy the junk unless they wone ( won) it for $1. (then payed $100 in 'shipping' ("shipping") charges.
oh (Oh) (,) then there is stuff like this (,)
im  (I'm) guessing if they dont know enough to buy and cut a chunk of 2x4 tubing they probably dont (don't)know how (,) or where to have it welded in. (never end a sentence with a preposition)

And you are furthering your education with such sentence structure to be a mechanical engineer?  How the heck did you ever get out of high school?  I had to go to summer school when I was in high school to pass English, but I didn't present to the world such flagrant violations of handling English.
suck it
wow correcting all my mistakes that i didnt care about in the first place..how orrigional... your boyfriend help you spell all the hard stuff?
least my post was to the point of the thread.
as soon as i start to care I will send you all my posts so you can spell and grammer check them all for me... you can be my own little english bitch.

I dont have issues with people that use ebay to off stuff here and there. Im just sick of the same cheap crap being sold, and the same type of seller missrepresentation.
I will continue to use ebay because of the fiew decent sellers with good quality products..

The Ghoul

Quote from: cudaeh on February 07, 2006, 09:00:07 PM
your boyfriend help you spell all the hard stuff?

"you see what i did there.
I made it sound as if you were a homosexual.
thats funny to me"
-stewie (family guy)

6pkrunner

eGouge is the same as any buy and sell, want ads, or swap meet. You get good and bad. But whether you want to admit it or not, it has opened the doors for a ton of stuff you'd never find anywhere else. Sure there are some lowlifes there, but they are everywhere in life. I have had about 900 transactions on eGouge and only 2 have gone south. Not a bad batting average. And where I am located, with the comparitively small local population, eGouge is a big box market that I would otherwise not have access to.
For those gotta have, can't find parts, its a Godsend. ;D

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Lowprofile

Personally, I don't care for ebay. For some people here, It works for them, and thats great. But just like anything else, a few jerk-offs ruin it for the good & honest people that use and earn off the system.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

67_Dodge_Charger

eBay will burn those that do not check backgrounds and read between the lines on the advertisements.  I would sell on eBay but I don't want the IRS to tax my profits.  I guess I will keep it all!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

-Robert

The Ghoul

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on February 09, 2006, 10:58:16 AM
eBay will burn those that do not check backgrounds and read between the lines on the advertisements.  I would sell on eBay but I don't want the IRS to tax my profits.  I guess I will keep it all!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

-Robert
if your sellin shine hook me up ...
um ... if your selling sex.... your on your own there  :icon_smile_big:
the two greate american institutions for screwing the government outta there cut   :icon_smile_tongue: