News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Almost ready for paint!

Started by sanders7981, May 24, 2012, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I have bene working on my 69 in  between deployments for a few years now and finally getting it near ready for paint...hopefully this weekend or next week.  Ordered some epoxy primer and clear from SPI, and will probably go with NASON for the base coat since it is about $260 a gallon, vice the Chromabase which runs $600 a gallon for the color I want!!!  The car was already expoy primered and polyurethane primered when I bought it, but after applying some filler to smooth out body lines and make panels straight, I sanded thorugh to the metal in a few areas.  Also, I am using single stage paint for the interior/jambs, engine  bay, and trunk.

1. Epoxy Primer (front fenders, floor pan, trunk, hood, trunk)
2. Slicksand (entire car), then block.
3. Epoxy primer reduced for use as a sealer. (entire car)
4. Basecoat
5. Clear

This is my current plan... please provide input as required, this is my first time painting a full vehicle.  I will post pics later tonight of my current stage.  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

cant wait to see pic's of your car. if you havent read it yet, here is a thread with good conversation about what you are about to do. good luck with your first full paint job :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89084.150.html
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House