News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car pulls to right

Started by charger Downunder, May 27, 2012, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger Downunder

My Charger just started pulling to the right while braking. Factory front disc car any idea where to start looking.
[/quote]

Fred

If you've checked the obvious such as break pads and they're fine then it could well be a faulty caliper piston.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

charger Downunder

Looks like your right Fred pulled the left caliper off and piston is stuck hard. Will try and free it up by working it back and forth later in the week. I have to buy one of those tools that you can use to push the piston back with.
Maybe i will have to place an order with rockauto.
[/quote]

Quote from: charger Downunder on May 27, 2012, 02:45:10 AM
I have to buy one of those tools that you can use to push the piston back with.

Isn't that just a big C-clamp (G-clamp in Australia  :pity:)

Only rear disks require the piston to be rotated to retract it due to the parking brake mechanism. At any rate I'd try the least aggressive method first to free it up to avoid damaging the bore.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

If you have an old brake pad just drill a hole in the pad, weld a nut on and use a long bolt.

You could even paint it if you wanted to get fancy  :lol:

FLG

Why is everyone complicating this  :rofl:

Use a C-Clamp, or even a large set of channel locks..pistons dont take much force to go in if there working properly.

Id say get your hands on a new set of calipers or a caliper rebuild kit and do it yourself.

Fred

I agree, no need to spend money on a fancy tool.
Here's mine , works every time................

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.