News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plastic rechroming

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, May 04, 2012, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

On my R/T SE,my orig woodgrain panels are nice enough to reuse,but the bezels behind them that show the edge of the chrome needs to be alittle nicer.Rather than buy thr repos and slice the holes in them for the tabs to fasten on the woodgrain panels,and fear of them not fitting,I am choosing to have my orig bezels rechromed,should be an easy job as they would'nt have to paint black and do the lettering.NTM,only three as it is an A/C car.
So,who,where,etc for rechroming plastic bezels have some of you used and what kind of feedback can you give on them.Recommendations........

bull

To my knowledge, they can't vacuum plate certain parts of the plastic. Everything I've seen is totally stripped, plated and then painted. Anyway, the people to contact would be www.instrument-specialties.com or http://www.performancecargraphics.com/. They could tell you for sure what it all involves.

Ghoste

Does Mr. G's still do it?

WHITE AND RED 69

I used these places to rechrome a couple sets of a/c bezels. Both places did a nice job but the big difference was speed and price.

http://www.chrometechusa.com/
Was slow but did them for A LOT cheaper. Gave me an up front quote and then I shipped the bezels and a check and got them back in about 7 weeks. They turned out very nice and no complaints.

http://www.mmmetalizing.com/
Was fast but charged me more. Gave me quote, so I sent them in but he called saying they needed more prep work and charged an extra 30 bucks.  :flame:  My biggest complaint was they only accept a money order, so it took an extra week just waiting for them to get their money. Took about 3 weeks to get them back. Great work and fast but pricey.

My bezels were small so I'm not sure how well these places will do with the larger stuff? Maybe call someone like redline gauge works and see who they use for their replating? They will know who is best for this kind of work.

:cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

71ChallengeHer

Slotts on here has a really good place he sends his stuff. You might wanna send him a PM

bill440rt

Paul, I used a company called American Plastic Chrome on several occasions. Parts always came back very nice, prices were reasonable. I just tried to find them with a Google search, seems they've since gone out of business.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Sorry, bro.  :rotz: :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used Chrome Tech to do my A/C center vent.....no problems
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

peepsrock

I've used and can recommend Glen at GCAR, really nice work at reasonable prices.  Not real fast when I had it done, but I wasn't in a hurry anyway.

www.gcartrim.com