News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood hinges repair or replace?

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, May 12, 2012, 11:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

i think i need new hinges. the hood hasnt closes right in years. back by the windshield is always sticking up a bit in relationship to the fender and the wiper cowl area.  there isnt anything to really replace on them is there?  is my only option to buy new ones? if so any reccomended vendors or should i just go with year one? thanks guys

Silver R/T

They should be adjustable, try loosening bolts and lowering it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Fred

Very simple. What you need to do is open the hood all the way up then loosen the front bolts on each side where the hood is attached to the hinges. Have a helper push the hood all the way up and while he's holding it up, tighten the bolts on both sides.
Problem solved.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

maxwellwedge

There is a company that is outstanding at rebuilding them. Do the pivots have any slop in them? If they do I highly recommend they get rebuilt or they will never allow the proper final adjustment. I think it is SMS....I'll find the link     Here it is http://www.smsmopar.com/

bill440rt

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 13, 2012, 09:11:49 AM
There is a company that is outstanding at rebuilding them. Do the pivots have any slop in them? If they do I highly recommend they get rebuilt or they will never allow the proper final adjustment. I think it is SMS....I'll find the link

x2  :yesnod:
You'll only get so much adjustment out of them. And, if the rear is maxed out it'll cause the front edge of the hood to be too low.
MW, I think you're right about the SMS hinges. I've heard good things about them as well.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce