News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger R/T 440+6 -Ebay IT'S BAAAACK...

Started by WINGIN IT, March 06, 2012, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

Ghoste

It sure is a nice car.  Too bad about the Galen certified  :D
In all seriousness, I think its worth a little more than what its bid to so (50k when I looked so far) but not a tremendous amount more.  It looks to need a good detailing from the photos and typically cars always look a lot better in pics than they do in person.  I think you would find more things to pick on when you saw it and I have a feeling with this being a dealer he is expecting about double where the car is now.

nelson_audet

my question is :

Why do not install a corect shifter boot on this amazing V code car... why keep this e body rubber boot ??????????????????????????? it is ugly and completely wrong
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

rarefish

WOW!!! "This is number 37 of 167 in Galen's Registry"  Good golly, that must make this car worth at least $50k more then car number 36 or 38?        :sarcasmalert:

No offence if it's owned by a member here.......

WINGIN IT

Quote from: nelson_audet on March 06, 2012, 12:03:11 PM
my question is :

Why do not install a corect shifter boot on this amazing V code car... why keep this e body rubber boot ??????????????????????????? it is ugly and completely wrong

I knew something didn't look quite right with that shifter boot,  is that it? Wrong boot ?

472 R/T SE

Hey, that's my old car!!!  Nevermind, close though.

Beautiful car.  I think mine was detailed out a little nicer.  My steering wheel was the only deterrent in the interior.

You don't see the V21 code that often with the V24 being even rarer.

Vainglory, Esq.

That's a beautiful car, and one that I would love to own. (Notwithstanding the saggy headlight doors.)

Fix up those niggling little details, and I think to the right person it could go for maybe $85k. As it sits, and on eBay, I don't think it'll hit those numbers.  Maybe 70?

66FBCharger

Why does the car have F 70 x15 tires? I thought they should be F60x15.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Indygenerallee

Just begging for a big smoky burnout!!!!  :coolgleamA:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemi-hampton

I don't like the way they welded in the new trunk floor. Looks low budget. The repaint in Engine Compartment low budget also. Besides that looks nice. LEON.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: rarefish on March 06, 2012, 04:08:55 PM
WOW!!! "This is number 37 of 167 in Galen's Registry"  Good golly, that must make this car worth at least $50k more then car number 36 or 38?        :sarcasmalert:

No offence if it's owned by a member here.......

you gotta love people who 'create' a need in society that increase value of something.

I LOVE THE SHIFT BOOT!!!!!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 09, 2012, 08:50:34 PM
I don't like the way they welded in the new trunk floor. Looks low budget. The repaint in Engine Compartment low budget also. Besides that looks nice. LEON.

How can you tell there was a new trunk floor welded in? No pics of trunk without mat.
Are there other tell-tale signs?
Description states all original sheetmetal.

hemi-hampton

I Restore old Mopars for a living. I've replaced many Trunk floors. I can tell. LEON

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 10, 2012, 06:18:39 PM
I Restore old Mopars for a living. I've replaced many Trunk floors. I can tell. LEON

I can appreciate that, but can you enlighten those folks who don't?

hemi-hampton

Description only say's exterior sheet metal original. Does not say Interior, ect. In my Pic I circled in white the 2 halfs of the replacement trunk. Left & right side. You won't see this half line on a factory trunk. On other white circle you will see the non factory welds. A obvious replacement. LEON.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 10, 2012, 07:06:05 PM
Description only say's exterior sheet metal original. Does not say Interior, ect. In my Pic I circled in white the 2 halfs of the replacement trunk. Left & right side. You won't see this half line on a factory trunk. On other white circle you will see the non factory welds. A obvious replacement. LEON.

Appreciate you showing how you know it was replaced . Very helpful :2thumbs:
If you were looking in the trunk , these would be towards the back seat, correct?

I attached a more clear view, for those who also wanted to see.

Do you believe the floor pans are original or is that something that cannot be replaced without telltale signs?

hemi-hampton

Yes, towards backseat. From Pics floors look original but not the best pics. Floors can be done to look original but takes much more time, patience, experiance, ect. LEON.

bill440rt

Good eye, Leon. I saw that, too.  :cheers:

Lots of little details that scream "budget". Painted over shock hardware, marker light backing plates, etc. This stuff does not get left on if restored properly.
Still doesn't look like a "bad" car in the photos, but it will need some details corrected especially for a Super Track Pak car. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WINGIN IT

Thanks for the insights Leon.
You too Bill. That backing plate was barely noticeable, good catch.

I agree , lots of details to fix, and not a concourse resto by any means, but a real nice car.

Trying to figure out WIW is another matter.
If it's a true matching number's car with the original fender tag, it certainly helps the value.
Last auction it bid to $60K.
Not sure in this market, I'd pay much more unfortunately...