News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Hemi Charger,Anyone Know This Car

Started by mopar4ya, April 08, 2012, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4ya

70 Hemi Charger R/T, 35k miles and has been sitting for about 30 years. Supposed to have been owned by a serviceman that was killed at war, now in the possession of his dad. Anyone know anything about this car?

Dan.

--------------------

Please help save the birds.......
Need a complete front clip and 2 nose cones for my Superbirds.

charger_fan_4ever

Talk about a barn find.  :popcrn:

Amazing its just sitting outside.

Let me guess the owner is going to fix it one day ?

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Budnicks

I've heard allot of these type stories, but usually false... It might help if we knew... What city or state is it in ?, there lots of blue 70 ChargerR/T's made, maybe not Hemi Chargers, we need more info, it looks like it could be anywere, it's tough to tell buy that blurry photo, what it really is... do you have any VIN or data #'s ?, how do you know it's a Hemi Car ?, have you looked at the car ?, I'm just curious
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

adauto

Looks awfully intact for sitting outside for 30 years... and it dont look like arizona. Just sayin'  :shruggy:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Budnicks

Quote from: adauto on April 08, 2012, 09:14:15 PM
Looks awfully intact for sitting outside for 30 years... and it dont look like arizona. Just sayin'  :shruggy:
:2thumbs: Your right, maybe not the western U.S. desert areas....

68 Bullitt Charger

If it has a Hemi and original I will buy it! Where's it at? :popcrn:
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Dodge Don

mopar4ya

I don't have any proof that it is a Hemi Car, and I have not seen the car myself.  I picked this up off of a Jeep site, here is what was said.

this is not a jeep but something that makes me very sad to see every time i go to my friends house
1970 rt 426 HEMI charger all numbers car was parked there 3o some years ago with only 35thousand miles
after the old mans only son was killed in a war ive been trying to buy it with no luck .

The poster is from Maryland, so I will guess it is in that state, or one close by.  Now let the hunt begin!!!!!!!!!

Dan.

68X426

I'll be the skeptic here. I don't see how that Charger has been outside, unprotected, in East Coast weather, and still look that good. I will call it and say that it is not an abandoned Mopar, just neglected for a few years.

And the war story is possible, except it would be 40-42 years ago, not 30. So how can a car look great with 40 years of exposure?

Still that sweet thing needs to be treated right. Hopefully someone can show it some respect.

:popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Indygenerallee

I am with 68X426, I highly doubt that 70 has a Hemi in it, I have found out that everyone that sees a old Mopar (especially a 2nd gen R/T Charger) jump to thinking it "has a Hemi!!!" heck I have seen several car ads where they stated it has the "HEMI 440" I think it would have been snagged up years ago if it had been a true Hemi car!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemi*guy

Quote from: mopar4ya on April 08, 2012, 04:58:24 PM
70 Hemi Charger R/T, 35k miles and has been sitting for about 30 years. Supposed to have been owned by a serviceman that was killed at war, now in the possession of his dad. Anyone know anything about this car?

Dan.
--------------------I got a 70 Hemi Charger in 2010 that was sitting outside for at least 25 years, and it was in decent shape . It's in the May issue of Mopar Muscle in the hidden treasures section. So it is possible this car exists.

Please help save the birds.......
Need a complete front clip and 2 nose cones for my Superbirds.

bill440rt

I read that article.  :yesnod:
Damn nice find!  :cheers:

And, welcome to DC.com!!  :wave:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi*guy

Thanks, I actually got in touch with you about a fender , but it was already sold.

Budnicks