News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new 440

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, April 20, 2012, 09:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

ive been waiting for this to come to reality and after many years it has. i got the cam broken in and it seems to run great. i got a little work left to do before shes road ready but im gettin close  :2thumbs:

heres everything i cold think of to list about the motor. im gonna upgrade the radiator before she goes out on the road aswell.  i also gotta give props to Ron for answerring my 10,000 questions over the years  :cheers:

what do you guys think of her?

1972 440 .055 over, 0 deck height and honed with torque plates

steel crank ground .010/.010

scat h-beam rods

keith black icon forged pistons flat top w/valve relief

everything was balanced

holley 750 vac sec carb with a 750 proform main body

lunati cam  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUN-60303LK/

street dominator intake & 1/4" 4 hole phenolic spacer

stealth aluminum heads no work done but they were checked out by my shop i did upgrade the locks

msd 6al and 8.5 super conductor wires blaster 2 coil ngk plugs

mopar perf electronic distributor

carter street fuel pump, 3/8 fuel line

hemi 6q oil pan

melling hv oil pump

stock rockers w/new pushrods

crappy hedman headers for now :(

3" exhaust with x pipe and ultraflows

4.10's in the dana and a 4 speed :)

firefighter3931

Mike,

You're going to have a big  :icon_smile_big: on your face when you stomp the loud pedal !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

That sould be a very nice low end torque monster. Great for the street and should be very reliable and maintanence free(other then oil changes of course!)

I never cared for the vaccum secondaries but its still a good carb.

Don't count the heddmans out just yet, if they are 1 7\8 you should be fine, 1 3\4 will be a bit small for a 440.

I'm curious to the bore, what made you go .055 over?

Challenger340

Now THAT, is a really nice street combo 440 :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BSB67

Nice combo, and a good platform for future upgrades :2thumbs:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

ACUDANUT

"I'm curious to the bore, what made you go .055 over".
That does seem odd and too much

Brightyellow69rtse

thanks guys i cant wait to drive her. i went .055 over cuse the block was already .030 over and .040 wasnt gonna do it. the icons came in .040 and .055 over if i remember right so thats the way i went.  

im not sure what the diameter of the hedmans are honestly. ive had my kids all week for april vacation so i havent even touched the car i was too busy having fun with my 2 girls  :yesnod:

i figured i could always do some work on the heads and get some roller rockers down the road anyway. oh and prolly a bigger carb :D

c00nhunterjoe

I wouldn't worry about rockers unless you get a mechanical cam. Depending on the header size I would spend the money there, or you didn't say what tranny you have..... might want to beef that up

Brightyellow69rtse

a-833 sir no worries :2thumbs:  headers are definatly on the list. just gotta justify the tti price to myself.

c00nhunterjoe

Mmmmmmmhmm! 440, 4 speed, 4.10 dana.  I want a ride!   I'm with you on the tti deal. Beautiful headers but I have heard of people having to dent them to clear and I can't take a hammer to an 8 or 900 dollar set of headers......