News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing color

Started by Ghoste, March 25, 2012, 12:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know most just mask what they don't want painted and spray but how many have when they have done a color change choose to completely tear the car down and do it 100%?

Fred

For me, that's a must.................no short cuts.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

Same here, that's the only way I repaint a car. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

resq302

Im with the rest of you.  If I ever were to change the color on my charger, it would probably be a complete tear down with the exception of possibly removing the front and rear glass just to avoid any leak issues since it doesn't leak now.   
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Patronus

Depends on the color. Metallics I would spray the car all together. To change any color I would strip bumpers and the bolt on stuff. Take the bright work off too. But I tape off the interiors all the time to change a color...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Chatt69chgr

I'm right in the middle of doing that on my 69 RT clone.  Was Y3 Creme.  Plan on R6 red.

65post

Unless the underside was rattle canned black I'd think a complete tear down is in order. If the underside is blacked out maybe just unbolt all the parts on the outside and spray under the hood and trunk and leave the bottom side rattle canned.

Mind you if you had a car with a rattle canned underside you probably wouldn't be picky enough to change color :P
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.