News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 swap

Started by coxie1996, April 23, 2012, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxie1996

so im doing my 440 swap and was told i need a 971 pan (center sump) for it.. (using schumaker mounts) i have the truck pan, either front or rear sump not exactly sure right now.. will this work for the swap from a 318 to 440 in my 73 charger

Cooter

Rear sump is "Truck" pan..I would think any center sump, Car pan would work. Some "Hemi" pans were larger capacity, but will still work.

Rear sump pan won't work in a car with stock K frame.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ACUDANUT

What's the engine out of

coxie1996

engines out of a 73 RV. and thats what i thought.. hmm ill have to find one

Chryco Psycho

I would just order a new Pan & pickup from Mancini for $160 or so

coxie1996

Im on a budget $160 for a pan wont work. If the ones i ljsted above will work ill be fine

Chryco Psycho

the top one is the best bet , the middle one is lower capacity & the bottom one is a C body pan . You will still need the pick up tube though

coxie1996

will the top pan fit though?

ACUDANUT

I believe I have a oil pan and pick up tube for you.  How does 75. sound

ACUDANUT

What are you doing for exhaust manifolds.   I have a pair of factory (non HP) and a new set of headers for 150.00

coxie1996

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 24, 2012, 10:39:34 PM
What are you doing for exhaust manifolds.   I have a pair of factory (non HP) and a new set of headers for 150.00

im running headers and need those along with a pan.. i could do 50 on the pan if thatll work. im 15 and on a TIGHTTT budget but please let me know  :2thumbs:
what brand are the headers?

ACUDANUT

Okay, it's yours. PM me your e-mail and I will send pic's.  Not sure on the brand of headers.  I think they are headman's.

coxie1996

on my 400BB i found it had a "933" oil pan.. will this work?? i would post pics but it wont load..

ACUDANUT

Well do you or don't you want my Oil pan and pick up tube.

coxie1996

i do unless this one will work.. need to save all the money i can

ACUDANUT

I hear ya, Let me know

coxie1996

Will do, still need those headers and mounts.. Read my PM

coxie1996

sorry but never got an answer... will my 933 oil pan from my 400 fit on my 440 going into my 73 charger swap? looks to be center sump

Inspector71

Coxie1996: You are 15 and doing this work? I salute you. I wish I had gotten into this when I was your age. I am
               waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay older and can tell you that if you keep going the way you are, you'll be teaching people like me about cars real soon. If I had the stuff you need, I'd give it to you just to see your project done.