News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 not engaging

Started by 68blue, March 14, 2012, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Tried moving the car today started up fine but would not move. Checked here for tips then restarted in neutral and allowed to warm up, still no movement. Checked to see that shifter was moving the control lever on the transmission correctly, no issue. Checked fluid level looks high on the stick but not low. New Jasper rebuilt transmission worked when I tested the brakes last year but has not been moved since coming back from the paint shop. Any thoughts before I call tow to the transmission shop?

John_Kunkel

Fluid level high on the dipstick and "no move" means the pump has failed. The drive tangs on the inner pump rotor shear off.

Trans has to come out to fix.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cactuswren

Having a similar issue with mine too. Was playing around with it and appears to be related to the transmission kickdown linkage. I'm still at the phase of trying to figure it out, but I'm still not sure exactly what position the kickdown lever is supposed to be set... I pushed it all the way back and I finally got forward and reverse, but it still seems like the transmission wasnt engaging strongly.