News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my dodge dealer is worthless!!!!!!!!

Started by rt green, January 26, 2006, 09:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

looking for a part number for the rocker arm shaft shims to relive preload on the valve springs. i have to run zero preload for the hydrolic cam i'm running. the parts guys at my so called dodge dealer can't find their head from their ass!!!!  please help.    bruce
third string oil changer

Charger Aficionado

lol  Sounds like my "Dodge Dealer".  HORRIBLE!!!  Guy is a CROOK.

rt green

third string oil changer

blackcharger

sounds like DiNovos in Steubenville, Ohio

Rolling_Thunder

Summit Racing sells the shim kit you are looking for... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

rt green

really? i thought mopar per was the only place to get them.    i'll check.  thanks!
third string oil changer

andy74

what motor?i can get you any part number you need,just ask! it may take me a day,but i can probably help

Chryco Psycho

rt green

71 440. i remember these shims came in different thousands thicknesess.  they were installed under the rocker shafts to raise uo the rocker bars to take the factory preload off the valves.  any help would be cool.     thanks
third string oil changer

Headrope

Did you talk to the parts department manager? I did before publicly humiliating my dealership's parts department and was able to order darn neary everything I needed to rebuild and pump up my motor at list price.
The guy who "helped" me was new, and filling in during the regular parts guys lunch break He didn't know there was a separate catalog for performance parts. What I was looking for "does not exist, sir" even though I was able to give him the part number off the Mopar Performance Web site (where you might want to check, if you haven't already).
Good luck.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Blown70

I always went in with the part number of what I needed.  They were too frickin stupid to find what I wanted...