News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger R/T door with vin sticker

Started by white, August 09, 2016, 10:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

I was cleaning my dads garage out and found a door from a 1970 charger R/T I bought in 1993 in Asheville new york along with many other parts too.I remember the car shell in the back yard of the guy's house. Not sure what happened to car. Hope this will help out the 1970 registry.

white

Dodge Don

Thanks.

Car likely parted out years ago. I have the VIN on file as the fender tag was up on EBAY for sale years ago.

Too bad....was a 440 R/T 4 Speed FYI Top Banana car with black vinyl roof, tic-toc-tach and was an A33 Track Pak car.

white

Wow! That car was loaded. I wish I would have taken a picture of the car in the guys yard. Glad I was able to help

cbrestorations

I need a 70 shell, do you know if it's still around? I also found a set of 70 r/t power window doors. I submitted the Vin to the 70 registry wondering what happened to the car.

white

The last time I seen the car the door came from was in 1993. It was just a shell in the back yard in Ashville, Ny. There was not many parts left. I sold the door scoop and used all the internal parts from the door for my car. I left it at my dads house and forgot about it till my dad found it yesterday. Do not know of any 1970 charger shells anywhere.

charger chris

Wow that is cool. I wish my driver door would turn up like that or data tag.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Dodge Don

Maybe one day. Just had a guy this week register his car but somewhere over the years the fender tag went missing. I had it on file with pictures of the tag from an old EBAY ad over a decade ago so now he knows what options were on his car and can get a reproduction tag made.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Brock Lee

I never thought of this! I have an entire blue 70 R/T door assembly in my shed with a clean sticker.

Dodge Don

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 11, 2016, 02:58:19 AM
I never thought of this! I have an entire blue 70 R/T door assembly in my shed with a clean sticker.

Send me a picture of the sticker please  :2thumbs:
DodgeDon@1970chargerregistry.com

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 11, 2016, 05:58:02 AM

Send me a picture of the sticker please  :2thumbs:

I will do the same the door shell I'm using is an original lime green door of a 440 car. I haven't taken the sticker off yet.

charger chris

Wow. See this is my thought. I really think some one ( my gut feeling) some on this  form has my data tag.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Brock Lee

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 11, 2016, 05:58:02 AM

Send me a picture of the sticker please  :2thumbs:

I will try and dig it out this weekend and send you a pic  :yesnod:

white

That is great! Another door with vin from a 70 charger R/T.

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Homerr

I always wondered why they put the sticker on the door, which could be removed, instead of the jamb.  Was it just so they could crack the door and see the sticker in a large lot of cars waiting to be shipped?  Why not use the dash VIN for this?

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone