News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Staring at your Charger

Started by Ghoste, March 11, 2012, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfan53

Quote from: royt440 on March 15, 2012, 01:39:09 PM
A flat black body with a chrome blower makes it somewhat ominous, like it's just lurking there, tempting me to step in just a little more.

I have to go now, the young men with white jackets are here ....

Quick... jump in your Charger, no way they will ever catch you!  :laugh:  :lol:

Kern Dog

Freddy, you have a nice butt. I like girls in white lace and stockings.

UH60L

I don't know about outright staring, but I find myself regularly looking at my car and not being able to believe I finally own a '69 charger.

It was literally a childhood dream come true.  I catch myself doing the over the shoulder look when walking away from it in a parking lot.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 11, 2012, 12:10:30 PM
it really is amazing the longer you really study a 68-70's body lines. pretty incredible. These cars were steel, not fiberglass like the 68-82 vettes that have similar swoopy lines. When i had a 68 69 and a 70, i purposely lined them up together just to see the subtle changes from year to year. nowadays cars are identical for 5-6 years, sometimes up to 10. back then they changed LOTS of minor things every year. anyone that owns a 68-69 and a 70 will notice how similar, but very different the curves are on the fenders, hood, etc on the 2 chargers, yet kept the same inner structure and body. pretty cool stuff!
Thing is the Fiberglass is a cool good thing, not a bad thing especially for the times back then.

Many times I've walked in the garage and said to myself, that's mine?  I own a 69 Carger R/T?  How lucky am I.  I love to show others the body lines of the rear 1/4 coming from the tail lamps.  My buddy says the lamps at dusk with the lights on have a sinister aggressive look.  Agree.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 16, 2012, 05:54:44 AM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 11, 2012, 12:10:30 PM
it really is amazing the longer you really study a 68-70's body lines. pretty incredible. These cars were steel, not fiberglass like the 68-82 vettes that have similar swoopy lines. When i had a 68 69 and a 70, i purposely lined them up together just to see the subtle changes from year to year. nowadays cars are identical for 5-6 years, sometimes up to 10. back then they changed LOTS of minor things every year. anyone that owns a 68-69 and a 70 will notice how similar, but very different the curves are on the fenders, hood, etc on the 2 chargers, yet kept the same inner structure and body. pretty cool stuff!
Thing is the Fiberglass is a cool good thing, not a bad thing especially for the times back then.

Many times I've walked in the garage and said to myself, that's mine?  I own a 69 Carger R/T? 

Wow, you own a Carger?  Must be a very rare car as that is the only one I've heard of.  I could only afford a Charger!    :smilielol:  (Sorry.... couldn't resist)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

F8-4life

If you own a charger and DON'T stare at it endlessly thats pretty damn weird in my book.