News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Epoxy Mopar Floor

Started by taxspeaker, March 13, 2012, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

My son and I just epoxied the floor of our garage with his custom-designed Mopar logos (3:00 minutes in). Video is on YouTube link below, Yesterday we painted the walls to match the 70 R/T hemi, tomorrow adding a chest-high black R/T stripe on all 4 walls. When complete garage will hold his 70 charger and my 70 superbird. Lots of work, but you can see how great the finished product is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkzYldMY98

terrible one

WOW! Turned out great and I love the Mopar logos as well. I never thought about "embedding" an image like that, were they vinyl or what?

taxspeaker

Yeah he designed them from the old Mopar logo and took them to one of those vinyl sign shops to print out.

DC_1

Darkman

I like it.

Anyone else notice the overall length of the clip?  ;)
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

terrible one

Quote from: taxspeaker on March 13, 2012, 08:15:31 PM
Yeah he designed them from the old Mopar logo and took them to one of those vinyl sign shops to print out.

Right on  :2thumbs: Again, very cool and good to know something like that is possible when it comes that time for me.

BigBlackDodge

Awesome!

How many '5 hour energy' drinks did you consume to be able to move that fast?

BBD

Charger4404spd

bill440rt

Holy smokes that looks awesome!! :cheers:

Great job, what a fantastic idea with the decals!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

taxspeaker

By the way if you do the vinyl floor things underneath the clear coat the vinyl needs a special coating on top to keep from discoloring-I will ask Ryan to post what that was

meryan00

The logos just had a UV protection layer put on by the printers.  The solvent in the clear epoxy might cause issues with the color of the vinyl otherwise. 

I had not noticed the I made the video 4:26 until now either, odd Coincidence considering the Charger engine... Darn.