News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

place to buy iron heads.

Started by c00nhunterjoe, June 29, 2012, 06:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

Is there any company's that sell ported iron heads? Or do you have to supply your heads for rebuild. Still tossing ideas around,  it would be nice to have a nasty street 383, that when you pop the hood it has "stock" heads on it.

heyoldguy

Yep, we still have some cores we can port.

c00nhunterjoe

What price are you looking at for the rebuild and port to the flow of eddy rpm heads? And shipping to my neck of the woods? Pennsylvania

Cooter

Coonhunter, you mentioned looking "Stock", well the Stealth heads appear to be "906"s when painted. Just a thought.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

heyoldguy

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 29, 2012, 07:05:19 PM
What price are you looking at for the rebuild and port to the flow of eddy rpm heads? And shipping to my neck of the woods? Pennsylvania

452 heads complete, average flows as good as or greater than Edelbrock RPM Performer, Shipped to PA, $1770.

c00nhunterjoe

the ultimate goal I have in mind is to appear stock. Iron heads would just be the icing on the cake. Its not a drag car, just a street driver seeing occasional track use when a group of us head out. To me, its bragging rights that a measly iron headed 383 is tearing up other cars. It runs really good now, but mid 12's is the max I can get with the piston\head\cam combination. I physicly can't do any more without valve contact.I would be happy with mid 11's in the car and I think that is easily obtainable out of a stock stroke 383. I already have the eddy heads on a 440 that I was going to yank for the engine I'm planning but heyoldguy has really got me debating on going iron head