News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger grille fastener kit

Started by hemi68charger, March 05, 2012, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang...
Can someone help me out here.. I'm at work and trying to get some insight sooner than later. I should know this, but in all the years of owning Chargers, I have only owned 1 regular production '69 Charger and that was back in the 80's. I never tore into that car and all the other '69 Chargers I've owned have been either a Charger 500 or Daytona....

So, with that being said, can someone explain to me the items of the grille each bag addresses and then to two loose clips...

Thanks.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jaak

First off the 2 clips outside of the bag are for the center 'I' trim. If I remember correctly the longer 'T' bolts are for the 'C' shaped trim for the ends. The black parts in the bag in upper right corner goes on before you put the nuts on (sorta like a washer). How many does the kit have? Mine only had those parts on the 4 straight trim pieces, I don't remember them being on the 'C' trim. I used all my original hardware, so I don't know if I could have had a piece or two missing?

I made a sketch on MS paint. Hope this helps some,
Jason

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on March 05, 2012, 08:55:47 AM
First off the 2 clips outside of the bag are for the center 'I' trim. If I remember correctly the longer 'T' bolts are for the 'C' shaped trim for the ends. The black parts in the bag in upper right corner goes on before you put the nuts on (sorta like a washer). How many does the kit have? Mine only had those parts on the 4 straight trim pieces, I don't remember them being on the 'C' trim. I used all my original hardware, so I don't know if I could have had a piece or two missing?

I made a sketch on MS paint. Hope this helps some,
Jason

Perfect... That's pretty good............. Thanks... That does shed light on the fastening........   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection