News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory assembly (primer-paint-undercoating) sequence

Started by astat1, March 06, 2012, 04:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astat1

I am looking for the correct sequence of what was factory assembled on a 70 Hamtramck car, after primer. I do believe that the car was primered, painted, had all brake/fuel lines, fuel tank front/rear suspension (no tires) installed, and then was hit with the undercoating. My questions are:
1) Is this assumption correct?
2) Is there a difference between front/rear undercoating sequence in the front? I ask this because I have seen photos of well documented restored cars with what looks like body color over undercoating in the trunk (interior wheelwell) and front wheelwells.

I have searched multiple forums for this info, and have not found this clearly stated. Thanks

twodko

Our unmolested 69 has body color over the undercoating in the trunk.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ryan

The quarters were undercoated before being installed so they will be body color. The rest of the undercoating ( front, rear wheelwells ect..) should not have paint over it.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA