News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner roof issue?

Started by 1BAD68, March 16, 2012, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

At some point before I got my Charger, it looks like someone grabbed one of the roof braces and pulled it down a little (see photo)
It's lowest point is about 3/4" lower than it should be, will this show after headliner is installed?
The only way I can see fixing it is cutting the spot welds to remove it, straighten it out on the bench and then weld it back in, would like to avoid this.

Dino

Yeah that'll show alright.  Without removing the brace you cannot bend it high enough so the easiest fix is to push it back to where it belongs and to keep it there you can bend the edges of the brace with some pliers so the brace can't sag back.  Don't do anything like glueing it to the roof skin, it will ruin your day.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twodko

I would cut the spot weld on only one side, then you should be able to pull the brace down just enough to fix the bend. Put the end back in place, a quick weld and you are good to go.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!