News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which way to go...

Started by myk, July 27, 2011, 04:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

If you're concerned about having something to drive on a daily basis and still fund your Charger project, you're in the same boat as I was. Except I was never in debt.
You can take my approach:

Buy a cheap small used reliable daily driver that is low cost of maintenance and easy to fix on your own (old Honda civic)  easily found for under $3,000
Buy some used tires to keep your car rolling ($20-$25 a piece)
Start spending your money on body work to save your car.

myk

A daily driver isn't a problem-I've definitely got that covered.  As a matter of fact, I've got some maintenance to do on the rest of the squadron now that the Charger is being worked on.  Installing shocks, an intake manifold and replacing a coolant level sensor come to mind... ::)

Bright side is I now have a driveway to work on my other cars instead of being in the street lol...

doctor4766

Quote from: myk on March 13, 2012, 10:23:25 PM
Well, dropped the car off this morning.  I still have to pick a color but I'm a few weeks out from that point because of the bodywork so I've got time to mull it over.  A friend of mine who was giving me a ride home was road raging with an Escalade and almost wiped out but I didn't care because I was going over the projected schedule for the body work.  Is it customary for the shop to take and/or provide pictures of progress?  I told the owner I wanted to be as involved as possible.  I feel I should check on the car every day but I guess that might be a little annoying.  

To those of you who farmed out paint and body work how did you guys keep track of your car's progress?  Did you visit?  If so, how often?  Did you have phone conversations or have pictures sent to you?  
I would drop in every two or three days when mine was in the shop. I told the shop owner that I wasnted to take lots of pics and he was very obliging. I made sure not to get in anyone's way though and kept the visits faiirly short. That way I never pissed anyone off.
Gotta love a '69

myk

That sounds reasonable to me.  Did you notice progress every time you visited the shop?  Obviously the amount of work performed by every employee depends on how much work needs to be done.  Fortunately, my shop doesn't really deal with insurance work so there won't be any of that getting in the way of things...