News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel probelm

Started by pullrock, January 20, 2012, 07:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrock

Hi all,

To add to all my other problems with my 68 440 today after picking up my car from the engines builders shop the car died on the drive home.  The car kind of stumbled on its self once and I pulled over to get a cup of coffee.  It started right back up and I pull it into traffic when it died.  I had to pull it over and it would not start after that.  It seemed like it was not getting any fuel so I pulled the fuel line off the carb and the fuel line was empty.  I cranked the car a few times and no fuel at all.  I was thinking either a bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter.  Well had the car towed home and let it sit for a while and went out tried to start the car and it fired right up. Three pumps of the gas and it was running?  Am i dealing with a vapor lock problem here or a over headed fuel pump/filter?  Any ideas?

I am running a mechanical Edelbrock fuel pump with a aftermarket fuel filter with a return line.