News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car capsule?

Started by greasyspider, December 06, 2011, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspider

Anyone have any experience with these?  Pros and cons?
www.carcapsule.com
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

adauto

never saw it before...   :shruggy:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

TruckDriver

They been around for a while now. I heard they work good BUT, that said, I thought there used to be, or is a member here that was using one
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68X426

Sounds effective, however ..... a cat would puncture it in no time.  ::)

And, if I read it correctly, the fan runs non-stop. So now you have about a $1000 bill for electricity during hibernation.

I'm just not that paranoid to bother using it.  :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

Quote from: 68X426 on December 07, 2011, 01:57:38 AM
Sounds effective, however ..... a cat would puncture it in no time.  ::)

No.

And, if I read it correctly, the fan runs non-stop. So now you have about a $1000 bill for electricity during hibernation.

No.

I'm just not that paranoid to bother using it.  :popcrn:

A friend of mine had one of these and it was made of a very tough plastic and it was very inexpensive to operate. It worked very good protecting his 70 Challenger.

Do a search of this site on the topic for more info...

Here's a couple:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53994.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56743.0.html

boss429kiwi

I have one for each car. Mine are the inflatable type.

They are great. Not only do they keep the cars safe from all moisture, they are also a safety barrier from objects. Things just bounce off the inflated capsule.
Also, if you have a detailed undercarridge, they prevent dust from settling under the car.

Another great feature is you still can see the car, while being protected. You can still go into your garage it the heart of winter and still see your pide and joys  :icon_smile_big: 

The only negitive I have is you need to be careful not to scratching the car when removing and installing the capsule over the car. It needs to be rolled, not dragged.

Gary McNeill
New Zealand   
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Musicman

I made my own for about $20... I've been using it for a couple years now... Works great.

1969chargerrtse

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53994.0.html

I love my AirChamber.  You're able to drive in and out, or zip it up.  When your done using it, it folds up into a bag.  2 small fans move air through it to keep things dry.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

What about those wild house cats? :o Have you had issues with them ripping it to shreads? Has your electric bill shot up to $1,000/mo.? :D

bill440rt

I know I've mentioned it before, but I use something called a Car Jacket. You basically open it up on the floor, and unzip & drive over it. I have several 1lb bags of dessicant I place in areas of the car such as underneath, inside, in the trunk, etc. You then cover the car with your regular soft car cover, then unfold the Car jacket over the car. It gets zipped shut & locked with little padlocks.

It works fantastic. The car stays clean & dust free, there is no moisture, rodents, etc. The car comes out as clean as you put it away. I've used one every year for at least the past 10 years with my '70.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RIDELIKEHELL

Since my garage is going to house our daily drivers as well this is must have :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

nvrbdn

1969chargerrtse,

does your garage floor sweat? mine does badly in the early spring. wonder how the floor of that bag would hold up if moisture was to sit under it for a prolonged amount of time. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

greasyspider

So I got one for christmas.  The vinyl is really thick.  Like thicker than a swimming pool liner.  Cats will be no match. The fan is the same as a computer so electricity should be a big deal.  It'll cost more to fill the car once than to run the fan all year.  It takes a few hours to inflate, but once it was inflated, I could sit my 1 year old daughter on it.  All in all, its pretty nifty.
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

nvrbdn

sounds great. post a pic when its functioning. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1970Moparmann

These are good.   I purchased a car packet (basically a zipped up tarp to control moisture-no blower) for my 72 Chally that I thought I would have to store outside.  Never used it.  If anyone wants a good deal on it, let me know! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!