News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Curious what it would take for an 11.50 quarter in a Charger

Started by MoparMotel, November 23, 2011, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenpigs on December 13, 2011, 09:58:06 AM
   I talked to him a few months back when I was looking into a new converter & he qouted me $700 or $750 and I about died! He was saying he just doesn't get why guys spend so much on everything else then toss in one that stalls "3K". I know what he was saying or trying to tell me & he recomended whatever I go with be a 10 inch and stall @ 3200. That was what he was going to build me but I just couldn't swing it.
  This isn't off topic as to get mid 11's that converter better be right, not close enough.

My  :Twocents: spend a few hundred more and get the right one by someone that BUILDS them like Lenny.

Lenny does nice work and has a good handle on Mopar combinations. I spoke with some of the other racers at Norwalk who were running Lenny's stuff and all were very happy. One guy went from  1.37 to 1.29 60ft with just the converter swap. His car was leaving with the front end 4ft in the air  :o and had never done that before  :icon_smile_big: With the fuel system changes he made & converter swap, the car picked up 7mph and dropped into the mid 9's. He was totally impressed and to see that big 63 b-body launch and ET like that was impressive from a spectators vantage point.  :bow:

His 540 is probably in the same ballpark as mine powerwise but he's ~500lbs lighter so i don't expect to run the same numbers but i do expect much better than what it's been doing.  :yesnod: Another buddy with a 67 GTX was running the same MPH (124) as me but his was ET'ing at 10.80 so that just goes to show how far off mine is with the junk converter.....i was showing 11.23 @ 124mph.  :down:

I allready ahve close to a Grand in this converter and it's nothing more than a fancy paperweight in it's current state.  :P Lenny's going to salvage it and make it work like it should but i'll be into it for well over $1500 before it's all said and done. I'd have been better off going to Ultimate in the first place and biting the bullet on the initial purchase  :yesnod: Lesson learned !  :brickwall: :lol:

Back on topic ; the Dynamic 9.5in street/strip converter is an excellent choice. That's what i had in the Pig with the old 446 and it worked flawlessly both on the street and track. I still have it sitting on the shelf for a future project  :icon_smile_cool: If you want to run mid 11's with a stock stroke 440 b-body in the 4000lb range you're gonna need some stall to get the beast off the line. The good stuff costs $$ whether it's Dynamic, Ultimate, ATI etc...

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1Bad70Charger

Ron is da man and of course really know his chit, and I am running the same dynamic 9.5 converter in my 505 ci 1969 Plymouth Road Runner (per Ron's suggestion), and the converter is awesome on the street, and the car runs like a scalded ape!  :cheers:

Track times coming in 2012, now that my new 505 ci 440 stroker engine is broken in.  :2thumbs:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

BBKNARF

I'm running the same converter, dynamic 9.5, its great on the street it feels like a normal converter cant wait to try it at the track this year, I was in my mid 1.7 in the 60 ft. with the old, will see what happens with the new.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.