News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stroker Motor

Started by rich4406bbl, January 01, 2012, 03:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich4406bbl

For those building a stroker motor, I understand that the 1972 400 CID block is the preferred version for this application. I have a 4bbl engine that was pulled from a 72 rally charger back in the 80's. It was a 4-speed car so it has the forged crank which I still have also. The engine had been rebuilt with a 0.030" overbore. Aside from the usual "it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" comments, what is a fair value for this block? It is just taking up space so I do want to sell it. After I get some feedback I'll list it with pics in the for sale section. I am in Northern NJ so it really should be picked up. Shipping it may not be worthwhile depending on it's value. Happy New Year to all!

469 runner

I recently picked up a 1972 400" block (no internals), and paid 200 for it.  Still a stock bore showing very little wear.  Good Luck.