News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Volt & 500 Top Flops of 2011

Started by 68X426, December 31, 2011, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1970Moparmann

6,100 cars sold up to November.  A bunch of left winger owners. :icon_smile_big:  It's always a good idea, until.......

I would rather buy a $20,000 new Chrysler 200 and have $20 left over for gas..... Just my  :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

chargerboy69

Imagine how many would have sold if people had to pay full price and not have the tax payers on the hook for 1/4 of the cost.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nh_mopar_fan

Have to love the Volt owner comments telling them they're all wrong.  :hah:

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Tilar

Quote from: resq302 on December 31, 2011, 04:08:42 PM
Chevy Volt the new Ford Pinto? :nana:

And just think, 35 years from now it will be worth what the Ford Pinto is now... Weight x the price of scrap.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

It's a good theory but it just isn't playing out yet.  Too bad the greens are able to lobby governments into forcing these things to market before the technology is there.

Daytona R/T SE

RallyeMike

You guys sound like a bunch of horse and buggy owner complaining about the infancy of the infernal-cumbustion engine   :lol:

I too prefer to let others be the guinea pigs, but they ARE coming.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

kokxville

http://www.autojunk.nl/2009/05/de-chevy-volt-song    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Now this is a real "state of the art" marketing song  :rofl:
Over here the chevy volt is introduced 3 weeks ago named as the Opel Ampera,but due all the problems the orderdate is postponed   :yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

resq302

No doubt that they are coming.  But you would think that since Toyota has had the technology for the past.... what? 10 years or so that they could have made a better car by now?  I will be the first to admit that any first year run or first two year run will have its issues with problems and bugs that need to be worked out but how long have they had this car to test and how many other brands have been around that they could have learned from?

Same is true for the all electric car.  Say you buy one..... you go on vacation...... where do you stop to plug it back in and recharge it?  Certainly would be nice to have the world ready and set for these cars to be on the road.  I know Hershey, PA at Hershey Park installed 4 spots where you can plug your car in to charge while at the park.  Probably one of the first to do this and I highly commend them for the preplanning.  But that plug won't do you any good unless you live within that radius of the time your battery life.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

If it is coming then let it come by natural market forces when it is ready.

kokxville

I personally think that electric cars eventually will die for some reasons such as:It still takes a long time to charge them when they are empty,the power still comes from the powerstations wich still are bad for the environment and the lack of milage you can drive with them before they run empty.
I think that hydrogen powered cars will be the future. :Twocents:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Ghoste

I think there will be better ones come available but yes, I agree and think the electric will be bypassed again this time for the same reason it was 100 years ago, a better technology will win out.