News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Up and don't it now....

Started by Cooter, November 30, 2011, 12:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

So if the Mustang was missing the power train...why he buy it?

It have a bunch of aftermarket bolt on stuff or a nice interior?

I see your getting started...man I just don't have the energy. Being lazy really puts a dampener on me getting things done
. :rotz:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Cooter

Yeah, the 4Cyl. LX as you know, has a common, plain Jane interior. therefore, he wanted the upgrade seats/reareend with 3.55:1 gear, weld racing wheels, etc. I really don't want him messin' with the "Douchebag"/Raceanything 5.0 croud just yet... I was there once and though there are some good guys/gals, most would screw their mothers in the name of speed.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jaak

Quote from: Cooter on December 29, 2011, 07:45:17 AM
Yeah, the 4Cyl. LX as you know, has a common, plain Jane interior. therefore, he wanted the upgrade seats/reareend with 3.55:1 gear, weld racing wheels, etc. I really don't want him messin' with the "Douchebag"/Raceanything 5.0 croud just yet... I was there once and though there are some good guys/gals, most would screw their mothers in the name of speed.

Does your son still have the 67 Satellite (or was it Belvedere?) that you was working on?

Jason

Cooter

Yeah, (1966 Belvy)but he can't drive it as he can't afford to put insurance on it and installing the brand new bumpers when it sits outside with a tarp over it isn't the best idea, and cats all over that, makes it not the best looking thing when we tow it to cruise night.

Plus, I think ALOT of it is his buddies at school give him sh*t for his "Hoopty" car, therefore, the 5.0 thing has bitten him. He ended up getting a screamin' deal for $300.00, he got a full set of Weld racing draglites, a full GT interior, all new weatherstripping, wiring harness/computer for Fuel Injection (As I told him I WAS NOT gonna put a good sticker on his junk if he decided on a Holley and 5.0), and alot of extra little pieces that break like door handles. Plus, we get to mash the rest for a few bucks..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

greenpigs

QuotePlus, I think ALOT of it is his buddies at school give him sh*t for his "Hoopty" car

Well those kids can go _ _ _ _ themselves!
Nothing wrong with the upgrades to the DD Mustang, but maybe your son needs to spring for a paint job next time he gets some extra cash.
   I sorta see his problem and that 440 is gonna suck the gas like no tomorrow. Just guessing but I bet you 2 can paint it for a few hundred bucks & a box 0f .22's will take care of the cat problem.
  Lots of putty tat lovers here so maybe just a paintball gun...we have a cat(Freddy) also and understand they get into EVERYTHING!
;D
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free