News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have a pet attack your charger

Started by RGA, December 15, 2011, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGA

Fred

Quote from: RGA on December 16, 2011, 10:01:36 AM
I like my dog. I treat that dog well, its a part of our family. But in the end it is just a dog, and they come and go. Not a person !!!!! There are some serious issues here on this thread with these animal lovers. ITS JUST A DOG. In the end I did not shoot her.

Take heart RGA, I was referring to the dickhead that bragged about feeding his cat to the dog.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RECHRGD

The more people I meet, the more I love my dog......
13.53 @ 105.32

Lennard

Quote from: RGA on December 16, 2011, 10:01:36 AM
I like my dog. I treat that dog well, its a part of our family. But in the end it is just a dog, and they come and go. Not a person !!!!! There are some serious issues here on this thread with these animal lovers. ITS JUST A DOG. In the end I did not shoot her.
A dog is a living breathing creature, a car is just a dead piece of metal... they come and go.

Tilar

Quote from: Lennard on December 17, 2011, 11:39:53 AM
A dog is a living breathing creature,

So are rats and mice, are people going to cry big boohoo tears if we kill them?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: bill440rt on December 15, 2011, 11:33:58 PM
Never had a pet attack one of my Chargers, but...

As a little boy I had a pet rabbit, at one time we kept the rabbit's cage in the garage. My mom (all 4-1/2 feet tall of her) had a '72 Caddy Fleetwood at the time which was garage kept. One night the rabbit decided to escape & take residence up in the engine compartment of the Caddy. Next morning my mom comes out to try and start the Caddy. My dad nearly sh*t his pants come to discover the rabbit chewed the crap outta all the underhood wiring!  :flame:  Damn, he was pissed!  :flame: :flame: (Kinda funny looking back at it now.) Could have been MUCH worse if the rabbit stayed in there.  :eek2:
Needless to say the rabbit never stayed in the garage again!  :rofl:

A while back I read an article about a big problem they were having at the Denver, Co airport . Seems they had a lot of hungry rabbits that thought they could eat wiring on the underside of cars parked there. Quite a bit of damage from those wascals.

RallyeMike

Screw mice and hamsters. What about the chickens?!

http://www.petitiononline.com/chik3ns/petition.html

No chicken has ever willingly harmed a car! Join our cause.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dino

Quote from: RECHRGD on December 17, 2011, 10:29:27 AM

:iagree:

Although I no longer have a dog, but I do have two great cats now.  Still agree...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

elanmars

I don't know why you'd let the dog run through the garage with a grille where it could be easily damaged...if I had a '69 grille, I would keep it on a table, no animals or kids allowed in there or something. but that's just me.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

cdr

last night my wife wanted to take the dogs for a ride in her pathfinder,i forgot to turn on the outside lights & she let the dogs go out to load up in the back, well that did not go so well,we have to rotties [large dogs] the male cant see very well & the pathfinder is black .so he takes a running leap onto the hood thinking the hatch was up, he was wrong, he fell down & hit the driveway kinda knocked him silly but he's ok ,the hood got scratched up pretty bad & now he is scared of the truck.  also in the mid 80's had a 70 road runner that i had just painted car was in garage backed in,put dog in garage & he decided he wanted to look out the garage windows so he jumped on the hood & made a really bad mess out of my hood.    ps no dogs were harmed in the making of these stories
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Lennard

Quote from: Tilar on December 17, 2011, 12:06:19 PM
Obviously not everybody possesses common sense...

RECHRGD

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 17, 2011, 12:55:46 PM
Screw mice and hamsters. What about the chickens?!

http://www.petitiononline.com/chik3ns/petition.html

No chicken has ever willingly harmed a car! Join our cause.

I signed!!!!!  I don't understand why we don't all just buy our chicken and meat at supermarkets, so they don't have to kill anything... ::) ::)
13.53 @ 105.32

Fred

Quote from: RECHRGD on December 17, 2011, 10:29:27 AM

Boy do I second that!  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

jar1292

Who here has heard the new country song about how the guy sings about how he wished his wife loved him as much as his dog did? I dont know who sings it but OMG its right on the spot! LOL IF any body knows who sings it let me know I may just play it christmas morning to wake the wife up!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Tilar

Quote from: Lennard on December 17, 2011, 03:35:40 PM
Quote from: Tilar on December 17, 2011, 12:06:19 PM
Obviously not everybody possesses common sense...

Many people wouldn't know common sense if it slapped them in the face.
Dave  

aussiemuscle

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 15, 2011, 11:43:55 PM
There is a reasonably well known NW Mopar parts dealer who once told me that he fed his cat to his guard dogs for simply walking on his Hemi car. I guess he considered it an attack of some kind. It seems to me that an intelligent person knows that cats walk on cars, so keep the cat inside, keep the garage closed up, get a car cover, or don't have a cat. If you screw it up, it's not the cat that deserves punishment! True or not I don't know, but he seemed pretty serious about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one he tried to impress with the story.
what if it's not my cat? i saw muddy foot prints all over my car, so went and check the security footage...

slamooo

I was working on my 69 Chrysler convertible in the garage and it looked like it was going to rain so I put the 73 charger out in the hay shed. I did not close the gate to the shed and my kids let the cows out. Do you know what a 1300lb cow will do to the side of a 73 charger when there is only 2 feet between the car and the hay !!!!  I do :brickwall: but I had some good steaks a few weeks latter. And I sold half the beef to help pay for the repairs.

Having a small farm we keep cats around and it does not matter where you park the car the cats will find it and walk on it. so I have to always put the car cover on inside or out :2guns:

RallyeMike

Quotewhat if it's not my cat? i saw muddy foot prints all over my car, so went and check the security footage...

You are seriously asking if its ok to kill someone elses pet for leaving muddy prints on your car? In the USA, this would be called animal cruelty and it can land you in trouble. Having never been down under, maybe you guys fry them up for breakfast or something?  :eek2:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparsons

This brings up a question of mine........anyone know of a humane/legal way of keeping the neighbor's cat off of the car?

bill440rt

Quote from: moparsons on December 22, 2011, 12:29:56 AM
This brings up a question of mine........anyone know of a humane/legal way of keeping the neighbor's cat off of the car?

Yep, it's called a "dog".  :rofl:

Or a car cover. Seriously, there has to be a "silent fence" or something like that for cats to keep them away from your yard. Pretty sure they have them for dogs as well? 

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on December 17, 2011, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 15, 2011, 11:33:58 PM
Never had a pet attack one of my Chargers, but...

As a little boy I had a pet rabbit, at one time we kept the rabbit's cage in the garage. My mom (all 4-1/2 feet tall of her) had a '72 Caddy Fleetwood at the time which was garage kept. One night the rabbit decided to escape & take residence up in the engine compartment of the Caddy. Next morning my mom comes out to try and start the Caddy. My dad nearly sh*t his pants come to discover the rabbit chewed the crap outta all the underhood wiring!  :flame:  Damn, he was pissed!  :flame: :flame: (Kinda funny looking back at it now.) Could have been MUCH worse if the rabbit stayed in there.  :eek2:
Needless to say the rabbit never stayed in the garage again!  :rofl:

A while back I read an article about a big problem they were having at the Denver, Co airport . Seems they had a lot of hungry rabbits that thought they could eat wiring on the underside of cars parked there. Quite a bit of damage from those wascals.

That wabbit was a crafty, wascally lil' varmint. Don't even ask about the time we found it stuffed up in the lawnmower bag!   :scared:  :eek2:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparsons

If my boxer got a hold of the cats.....it probably wouldn't exactly be humane  :D
Some kind of deterrent from my yard/driveway would be great. :scratchchin:

RallyeMike

Quote1300lb cow will do to the side of a 73 charger when there is only 2 feet between the car and the hay !!!!  I do  but I had some good steaks a few weeks latter. And I sold half the beef to help pay for the repairs.

Ouch. You win.

(Si that where "slamoo" comes from?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

charger490

and what would you do if you saw a seven year old kid walking around a car show with an ice pick in his hand.

Tilar

Quote from: charger490 on December 22, 2011, 12:50:13 PM
and what would you do if you saw a seven year old kid walking around a car show with an ice pick in his hand.

If he were using it on a car....  

If not then I would just take it away from him.
Dave