News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who likes El Camino's

Started by Paul G, December 11, 2011, 11:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

I have a 71 El Camino - The coupe version :D

Fun car, and a dime a dozen really ....  

Budnicks

I've had 2 in the late 70's early 80's, both daily driven, a 69 w/bucket seats, with a 67 425hp 396ci iron head solid lifter engine with th400 & 12 bolt rear Centerline wheels, also a 72 split bench seat car with a GM crate HO-454/450hp short block with full roller valve-train & Aluminum head {rectangle ports} with Muncie 4spd & 12 bolt rear Crager S/S wheels, both very fun to drive & could still haul my golf clubs, dogs, crap to the dumps or construction tools/materials etc... The 72 was a mid 11 second ET car with 29"x10.5" Hoosier slicks, at Freemont/Baylands Raceway, never took the 69 down the strip...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

jaak

My cousin had a 64 (I believe) back when I was a kid, always sorta liked it.

Jason

flyinlow

I got a '80 project truck a couple years ago.Thought my wife would like it to haul antiques (junk) home in. Built a Vortac headed 350/turbo 350 set up and got it on the road. The 79-87 El Caminos are really light, so it performs ok. Gets worse gas milage then my 440 Charger, but being a chevy its cheap to play with. It's sitting in the shed with the front clip off now, lost interest.

Benji

My youngest son and I bought a stone stock 1980 El Camino with the aluminum Buick V6 engine and then the magic began. We bought the 49TH Street IROC/SS conversion package and put in a fuel injected 350 from a Corvette complete with the four speed tranny and a posi differential from a 1988 Monte Carlo SS.  We also put a dash, seats, tires and wheels from a 1978 IROC Camaro.

Benji

Charger RT

El Camino's are like a mullet business up front, party in the back.
Tim

Budnicks

Too bad Chrysler never made a version  :brickwall: like Ford's Ranchero & GM's El Camino, To me it would have been a great idea at the time, I guess maybe the lack of a full frame in their cars, because of all the cars were uni-bodies or something along those line...

dodgeboy67

Quote from: Budnicks on December 21, 2011, 07:08:56 PM
Too bad Chrysler never made a version  :brickwall: like Ford's Ranchero & GM's El Camino, To me it would have been a great idea at the time, I guess maybe the lack of a full frame in their cars, because of all the cars were uni-bodies or something along those line...

they made the rampage.... that was super cool :rofl:

Budnicks

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on December 21, 2011, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on December 21, 2011, 07:08:56 PM

they made the rampage.... that was super cool :rofl:
That's right, I forgot about that one, but it was a compact front wheel drive 4 banger version, but was a car/truck of sorts, my old neighbor had 1 come to think of it, it would have been nice to have a full size version back in the day late 60-70's...

Brock Samson