News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust Tip

Started by projectanimal, December 08, 2011, 11:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectanimal

It's been a few weeks of playing around with some new Flowmaster Exhaust, but the plan is to have it installed this coming weekend.  :cheers:
Question I have is....What is normal space from the rear Valance to top of tip??  :scratchchin:   I have seen in pictures that the tips are nice and close, but is it 1 inch or more?  The car had no exhaust on it when I purchased it and there are no hangers, so we're welding on the new hangers for a nice look. 
all suggestions and pictures welcome!   :cheers: :popcrn:
northwest CT

Sublime/Sixpack

On my '70 Charger the space is right around 3/4 of an inch.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

projectanimal

Thanks Sublime - that's the info I was looking for!  :cheers:  I hung it quickly (in the picture) but it was probably 2 inches down and looked to be too much.  will play around with the clamps tonight to get her right!  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Just 6T9 CHGR

The hangars you have on there will cause the exhaust to hang lower than stock.

Using the stock hangar/exhaust tip setup will get you the 3/4" or so gap
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

projectanimal

Finished the exhaust today (even with temps in the 30"s)   we were able to weld the brackets and keep it close to the 3/4" clearance!! :2thumbs: :cheers:
northwest CT