News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For those of you that are old enough, what were you doing 48 years ago today?

Started by Tilar, November 22, 2011, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgold69

i was in grade school  the nuns rounded us up and took us into the church then the priest told us  then they sent us home 

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Highbanked Hauler

I was 14 and a freshman in HS. We were in homeroom  about 2:00 and it came over the pa system and at first no one believed it till we were on the short bus and it was on the radio..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

68neverlate

Quote from: bobs66440 on November 23, 2011, 08:32:50 PM
I was onwy fwee and a half yews owd...   :shruggy:

You don't happen to chase waskewy wabbits awound with your wifow, do you?   :nana:

John_Kunkel

I was at work when the building PA announced the news....everything went silent for about a minute as the news sunk in then back to work

The only conspiracy theory I still buy into.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Musicman

I was watching TV ...  Thinking about it now, it almost seems as though you saw someone getting assasinated everytime you turned on your TV back then... and most of the stuff was live then.

Budnicks

I was only 4 or so, I don't remember much about the actual day, but do remember seeing it on TV, asking my mother what happened... Probably playing with Tonka toys or some sort of toy car, on the floor, in front of the TV....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

mikepmcs

Quote from: skip68 on November 23, 2011, 01:22:14 AM
I do remember my favorite President, President Ronald Reagan's attemped assination! I was in tears at my babysitters/afterschool care house when i saw the breaking news story. It was weird that I was so destraught at such a young age! Still get Ronald Reagan museum magazines!  
Mrs.skip68

:2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

I'm too young to remember JFK's killing.  Seemed like a gigantic 9/11-size deal based on what I've read.

Some people have argued that the 8mm footage of the shooting was altered to obscure what happened.  I'm inclined to agree.  IMHO we've probably never seen unaltered footage of the shooting.

4cruzin

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 24, 2011, 09:22:22 PM
I was a little fetus yet inside my mother womb  :P

Yep . . . me too.  48 years ago today, I was still in momma's belly and won't be coming out for 7 more months . . .  :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .