News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

negative comments from ford and gm guys

Started by zoecube, November 22, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I ran into an old friend on Facebook and he pm'ed me and said when you get done with that Mopar you can help restore a real car a 67 Impala.  I said say what? I sold my 57 Belair just to start on the Charger. I told him if I had about 5 more Chevy's to sell I would be done by now.  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HalfastJav

Quote from: TK73 on November 22, 2011, 09:45:19 PM
Yeah, was asked outside a NAPA if mine was a Mach 1.  Hear "Challenger" sometimes.

I'm leaving the badging off, let 'em guess...

Yeah, iv'e heard Camaro? Mustang?......uhhhhhh NO..... and thats with the Badging on.

Theres only like 6 legible badges on the car...... ::)

TK73

A nice Big AMC on the door?

I gots spray paint   :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

67440chrg

At shows and cruises the mature people have only good things to say. I guess the most negative things are the smart a?? kids looking and turning their noses up to it when I am out cruising. Sometimes I feel the need to show them witch end of the car should turn the tires.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Stretch on November 23, 2011, 01:30:39 PM
I have been told it was because the Chrysler executives of the day wanted the people walking down the sidewalk to know they were looking at a chrysler when it was parked at the curb. I don't know if thats true or not but it sure makes sense if you think about it.
An artist only signs his or her work of art once.  ;)

Fred

Quote from: ChargerST on November 23, 2011, 02:13:03 PM
When I was at the inspection station last month there was an old dude (around 70) getting out of his Mercedes E-class. He appeared to be a civil engineer who does car inspections for private parties. When my inspector was almost done with the Charger (everything was alright) this old fart started to tell the inspector that there is almost nothing original on my car and that I changed so many things etc. You have to know that old cars have to be in pretty much original condition or you can't register them. This guy goes on and on and I just asked him that he should show me a single piece that isn't correct. He just said everything... He clearly wanted to get the inspection guy to let me fail the inspection - wtf. that's none of his business! anyways the inspection guy just said the doesn't want to get involved because he didn't know better.

Glad to hear all went well for you. What an arse!!!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: ChargerST on November 23, 2011, 02:13:03 PM
When I was at the inspection station last month there was an old dude (around 70) getting out of his Mercedes E-class. He appeared to be a civil engineer who does car inspections for private parties. When my inspector was almost done with the Charger (everything was alright) this old fart started to tell the inspector that there is almost nothing original on my car and that I changed so many things etc. You have to know that old cars have to be in pretty much original condition or you can't register them. This guy goes on and on and I just asked him that he should show me a single piece that isn't correct. He just said everything... He clearly wanted to get the inspection guy to let me fail the inspection - wtf. that's none of his business! anyways the inspection guy just said the doesn't want to get involved because he didn't know better.
old guy probably didn't know it was a charger and thought it was a customized Vauxhall or something...  :rofl: I'm glad your inspector didn't buy into and passed you.