News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 72 Dodge Charger on the block, need advise plesae

Started by DR440, September 02, 2011, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Paul G

Quote from: DR440 on November 10, 2011, 08:16:18 AM
Ahh Huh!.  Me thinks I have goofed.  I might now be getting a bottle that wont fit  :brickwall:  :icon_smile_big: http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3220

On a side note, you mentioned you had some pics of my Dodge during restoration or the like.  Any chance you could email them to me please.  I have sent you an email so hopefully you got it and have my email address?

Thanks again for the info.   :2thumbs: This is a steep learning curve, made especially harder from being down here.

I ran across these guys at a Mopar show last weekend. Mr Moparts 623-975-7053 is there phone number. They are local here by me in Surprise, Arizona. They have the bottle and bracket for 71 to 74 B Body's. Bottle, bracket, hose ,cap and clamp, $159.00 and they ship overseas, I called them and they are in stock. They dont have a good web site is the only problem. I had one set in my hand last weekend and put it down. It looks like it fits on the drivers side of the radiator between the fan shroud and battery. Dont know if it is correct for a 72 or not since my 72 has a generic bottle from the local parts store. Let me know what they say.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

1972Rallye

Paul G

The bottle and bracket I had in my hands look similar to the drawing above. Not exactly the same. The new bracket has two mounting holes that mount to either the fan shroud mounting locations, or the radiator mounting locations, the bottle mounts to the bracket. The new bottle looks very much like the one in the drawing, just a different type of mounting.  
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

1970Moparmann

Beautiful car!   Congrats!   Glad to see you upgraded from a Vette. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

DR440

"Paul G", thanks for the information I will try and call them and ask about the bottle and brackets.  Time difference is my biggest problem as I live in Australia but I will get onto them and report back here what I have found

"TruckDriver" and "1970Moparman", many thanks for the kind words.  I'm pretty wrapped in the beast.  It turns some heads down here as there are not that many here and I think I'm the only one down under with a Ram Scoop.

I still have the Corvette.  Could never part with it.  My late wife and I built it together so it has lots of sentimental value.
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

DR440

I have another question lads.  "1972 Rallye" may know the answer as he has all the numbers info on my car but happy if anyone can assist.

I'm going to pull the gearbox (A833) out just to check it out.  I want to order a kit for it before hand as I have to get stuff shipped in from the states.  They say on the website of the company I order stuff from http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3449 that there are two types of input shafts. An 18 spline and a 23 spline.  Can anyone tell as to which one would be in my car?  It would be handy to be able to order the goods before hand as if I have to wait to order the goods until after I pull the box out, I will have a lengthy delay before the goods turn up.  Or am I going to have to pull the box first to count the splines?

You guys have been great with information, so hoping that you can yet again come to my aid.  :2thumbs:

1972Rallye

Most 440s got the 18-spline "Hemi" A833.  The 23-spline units were for the smaller engines. The 18-spline input shaft is larger to handle the high torque of the RB engines.  You may be able to remove the inspection cover from the bottom of the bell housing and count the splines if you want to make sure.  I've never tried it, but I heard it was possible....

DR440

I'll give that a go.  I have and endoscope type unit and may be able to get it up near the clutch disk with the cover off.

Thanks for the idea   :2thumbs: