News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

worst place for a freeze plug in the world.

Started by RGA, November 20, 2011, 09:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

cost to make screw in anything and times how many holes?    they are non freeze or frost plugs ,just for the cast core and clean out casting core sand.
   hate the one in back of block, but it has got me some free cars as people give up and get rid of car when  they hear cost and hasle to fix them

Surf Charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 21, 2011, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: Surf Charger on November 21, 2011, 09:00:32 AM
Surf charger, I think your engine looks a little tired. :Twocents:

Thanks for the positive encouragement. I just got my charger a few weeks back so I have not had the time to put the love and devotion into mine that others here have. But I'm trying. The engine runs great...compression is great. Cosmetically not cleaned up yet.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Surf Charger on November 21, 2011, 09:04:36 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 21, 2011, 01:51:58 AM
This is why you never run old freeze plugs that are a PITA to get at once the car is running. Think this is bad? Try installing a fuel tank sender in a BMW...
Or a 3.8 V6 in a Dodge mini van..Or a heater core in anything beyond 1978...Or a rear exhaust manifold that has an integrated converter on a DOHC V6 in a Ford Escape...Or........

Also try replacing anything on a '93 VW Corrado w/ the VR6 engine crammed in there....def a pain in the arse. After owning that car for 9 years and having the coolant problems its had...I can have the entire bumper, radiator support, etc off with engine exposed in 10 min.

Try working on any modern Euro car....Almost in every case you need to disassemble almost half the thing before you can get started on what's really the issue...
Do'nt even want to start about the environmental add-ons that make the engine bay even more full today....

Again Surf, really nice car.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

rt green

if useing steel plugs, coat the sides and back with silicone gasket sealer. let it set up a bit. shouldnt rust out
third string oil changer

miller time

is it possible to tap a freeze plug hole and put plug in it?