News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas tank recommendation?

Started by BananaDan, November 09, 2011, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Any recommendations on where to get a quality and correct gas tank, straps and pad for a 70 Charger?
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

maxwellwedge

The best tanks are by Spectra.

No one makes correct straps or pads. The pad can be made with tar paper since it is not realy visible.
The repro straps are the wrong plating....not sure about their fit.

resq302

We have Quanta tanks in my charger and our el camino and they are still as nice as the day we put them in.  The only difference is I think the weld are better now due to technology vs. back when they were new.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jaak

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 10, 2011, 08:52:00 AM
The best tanks are by Spectra.

No one makes correct straps or pads. The pad can be made with tar paper since it is not realy visible.
The repro straps are the wrong plating....not sure about their fit.

I have the repo straps...they work but the fit isn't perfect.

Jason

1969chargerrtse

Agree with all the comments.  Tanks are great, straps are close to original, but not really.
Here's some pics from my restoration thread.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.