News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Comparing two builds...... which do I want !!!

Started by Canadian1968, October 30, 2011, 08:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 11, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
The "if it were mine" answer to the cam question for a build like this would be a solid lifter cam like the XS282S  :yesnod:

There's nothing more reliable/stable than a non collapsible tappet....especially at higher rpm's  :2thumbs:

I'd also use a set of EDM lifters to supply pressurized lube to the cam lobes/lifter faces for increased reliability.  :icon_smile_big:

The XS282S is the "default" 500hp cam with 440 cubes/Edelbrock heads/830cfm carb and headers  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

VERY well said Ron !  :2thumbs:
I couldn't agree more with the "default" Moniker being attached to the CompCams "Solid" Flat Tappet xs282s, as a NO-brainer 500hp, even "plus 500" Cam in almost all cases. GREAT Street Cam !

I only originally posted that Dyno Sheet as an example of what "can be" with a Hydraulic Cam, IF, and it is a BIG IF, patent Hydraulics Lifters can be obtained, and I now have doubts Industry wide.... on a BB Mopar.

IMO,
and with some of the problems I have seen of late with "Hydraulic" Lifters, (and I have tried a bunch of Hydraulics this past year as a new intiative) I've pretty much deleted any Hydraulic builds of any kind in my future....
So much for my "attempting" a more Customer friendly approach :brickwall:.......give people what they want coming through the door..... :shruggy:
back,
to being the A-Hole I always was, or so the feedback I used to get related to....
YOU like it...YOU think it's great, then YOU build it, and I don't care what your latest issue "Comic Book" says.....

Even the supposedly "magic", "Ancient Chinese Secret", "007", "Top Secret Shiat", Hydraulic Roller stuff I have seen on the Dyno ? have a GOOD LOOK above 4500rpm ? That shiats starting to fall apart ! The Guys are just trying to "tune" around it up there ?

Apologies if I have offended anyone....no wars wanted...just my opinion....

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Canadian1968

Quote from: Challenger340 on November 12, 2011, 01:35:12 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 11, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
The "if it were mine" answer to the cam question for a build like this would be a solid lifter cam like the XS282S  :yesnod:

There's nothing more reliable/stable than a non collapsible tappet....especially at higher rpm's  :2thumbs:

I'd also use a set of EDM lifters to supply pressurized lube to the cam lobes/lifter faces for increased reliability.  :icon_smile_big:

The XS282S is the "default" 500hp cam with 440 cubes/Edelbrock heads/830cfm carb and headers  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

VERY well said Ron !  :2thumbs:
I couldn't agree more with the "default" Moniker being attached to the CompCams "Solid" Flat Tappet xs282s, as a NO-brainer 500hp, even "plus 500" Cam in almost all cases. GREAT Street Cam !

I only originally posted that Dyno Sheet as an example of what "can be" with a Hydraulic Cam, IF, and it is a BIG IF, patent Hydraulics Lifters can be obtained, and I now have doubts Industry wide.... on a BB Mopar.

IMO,
and with some of the problems I have seen of late with "Hydraulic" Lifters, (and I have tried a bunch of Hydraulics this past year as a new intiative) I've pretty much deleted any Hydraulic builds of any kind in my future....
So much for my "attempting" a more Customer friendly approach :brickwall:.......give people what they want coming through the door..... :shruggy:
back,
to being the A-Hole I always was, or so the feedback I used to get related to....
YOU like it...YOU think it's great, then YOU build it, and I don't care what your latest issue "Comic Book" says.....

Even the supposedly "magic", "Ancient Chinese Secret", "007", "Top Secret Shiat", Hydraulic Roller stuff I have seen on the Dyno ? have a GOOD LOOK above 4500rpm ? That shiats starting to fall apart ! The Guys are just trying to "tune" around it up there ?

Apologies if I have offended anyone....no wars wanted...just my opinion....

HAHAH, well this is why I like to put up post like this, you get a lot of opinions and for the most part some very usefull information. I am looking into the Solid lifter approac . My biggest probelm is which rod - psiton combo to o wiht. . Get stock balanced or go afermarket...... working on it.