News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pics of two speed wiper motor in your 68-70 charger?

Started by madmike, November 10, 2011, 08:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike

Does anyone have pictures of their two speed wiper motor in their '68-'70 Charger?

I think my car might have the wrong motor in it....

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bill440rt

Here's a few of the one in my '68.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

madmike

hmmm, from the pics you guys posted, it looks like I have the right motor...except there is no resistor on mine!

I believe the resistor is what allows the slow speed, and my switch only seems to allow fast speed.

Do you guys know where I can get a wiper motor resistor?

Thanks!

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bill440rt

Yeah, I saw that on eBay as well. Sheesh!!!

I tried doing an online search for just the resistor, & came up dry. Even Auto Zone, Rockauto, etc did not show a listing for them.

Anyone else know a source??  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dans 68

Jim's Auto Parts has them for $29.95 (go to the bottom of the page). Just keep looking....  :chatting:

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/windshield_wiper_parts.htm

Dan

Edit: Laysons has them for $19.00
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bill440rt

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 10, 2011, 08:31:09 PM
Jim's Auto Parts has them for $29.95 (go to the bottom of the page). Just keep looking....  :chatting:

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/windshield_wiper_parts.htm

Dan

Edit: Laysons has them for $19.00

From what I've heard, I wouldn't recommend Jim's to my worst enemy. They do have the "correct" ones... for $125.00!!  :o

Also, the one that Layson's sells for $19 bucks is not correct. It doesn't have the metal bracket to attach it. Seems like a "generic" replacement. Photo below.

madmike

I sort of lucked out...  I found the old original wiring harness (I almost had thrown it away, it was in such poor shape), and there was an old wiper motor resistor, spray painted black (I is almost missed it).

I put it on the wiper motor, and lo and behold, it worked!  Praise Jesus!

I bought this car as a rolling disassembled shell, with some parts included, but not all.  I have never owned a Charger before, so what might seem like silly questions from me, are all new things to me.  But between the photos and help here, and the FSM I have downloaded, I can get things pretty much figured out.  Thanks!
Mike

bill440rt