News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone mounted aftermarket gauges in the floor console??

Started by sixpack_sid, November 04, 2011, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I'm restoring my 68 Charger and I have the original gauges in the dash. I hooked everything up and the gauges don't work properly. I don't want to rip the dash apart and was thinking about mounting the fuel, oil, amp & temp gauges in the floor shifter console panel. Any advice or opinions on doing so??
Also, if anyone has pics of aftermarket gauges mounted other than in the dash, I'd like to see!
Thanks!
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

TexasStroker

Personally, if that was my situation I would just get a triple gauge add on cluster and then solo for the fuel.

If you don't like that, just fab one up or have it cut from your choice of materials..you could even run angled rings to tilt the gauges.  That is your least expensive option and saves the cluster and console.  I have pics of a funky off-brand 3 cluster in the Charger...I plan to run my AutoMeters in the fatory cluster as so many have done...I have one cut, but I'm waiting on a waterjet guy to make one so I can see which I like better.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!