News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger parts car

Started by IA76, March 04, 2012, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IA76

We picked up a 73 Charger parts car today.It came with a title and fender tag.It still has the 400 and trans and is about 75% complete.We bought the car to rob stuff for our 71 but thought  I`d see if anyone knew if there was anything special about it before I tear it up more. The tag reads R11 V7W 28 END N31 M36 N41  N42 N85 J25 J52 L31 M21 M25 M26 V1W U B41 C16 C56 H51 GK6 E6XW BW1 601 258085 E68 D34 WP29 P3G 226591   and has rear window defrost and cruise.Thanks

no318

I assume it is a rust bucket?  It was a 400 HP car.  It should have a dual exhaust rear valance and an 8 3/4.

ODZKing

IA76

The quarters are toast and there is probably to  much missing restore. I listened to my 13 year old Son tell me how we cant part it and It just got me thinking.Kinda feel guilty parting these cool cars.

RallyeMike

The cruise is pretty rare, but the car overall is nothing too unique.

Let me know if you want to part with the trans kick-down linkage.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SG1022

Let me know about the rear valance. If it's not too bad, and if it's a dual exhaust. :2thumbs:

Also, I'd love to see some pictures!

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Daytona R/T SE

I think you'll find that not a lot of parts interchange between a 73 and a 71 :Twocents:

IA76

The reason I bought the car was for the disc brake setup. We had bought the bucket seat interior last summer and pulled the blue bench out of the 71.The guy didn`t want to sell the front end parts and have that big body with no way to roll.He just made me a deal on what was left.It was snowing hard when we picked it up so didn`t pay much attention what was there and condition when we shoved it on the trailer.We were working on the 71 for my 16yo daughter and thought the disc setup would be nice.

jaak

Quote from: IA76 on March 04, 2012, 10:36:15 PM
The quarters are toast and there is probably to  much missing restore. I listened to my 13 year old Son tell me how we cant part it and It just got me thinking.Kinda feel guilty parting these cool cars.

A few have to be sacrificed to save many! I caught a lot of grief when I parted a 69 RT a few years back...but I was the one who payed for it, used the parts I needed on my project RT, and what I sold off, I nearly made my investment back. Win, win situation. If I did not decide to part it out, I would have 2 unfinished projects on my hand right now.

Jason

DREDILSKI

Pictures please, if possible.

:popcrn:
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

IA76

I haven`t been able to post any pictures. What`s the trick to making them smaller, it always says they are to large.I`d snap a few, if I could get them to post. Thanks

TK73

Quote from: IA76 on March 05, 2012, 09:35:54 PM
I haven`t been able to post any pictures. What`s the trick to making them smaller, it always says they are to large.I`d snap a few, if I could get them to post. Thanks

I use "paint" (Free on a PC), open then go to the "Image" tab and down to "resize/skew". In there change the 100% size to smaller and save the file...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

DREDILSKI

I used photo bucket. But that wasn't as easy as "paint" sounds.
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

IA76

I`ll give it a try with my daughters 71.We unloaded the 73  at a buddy`s shop yesterday.If it works I`ll run up and snap a few pictures. Thanks

jaak

71_Charger_R/T

Your Daughter's '71 is beautiful!  :drool5:

bugsydog

i would be interested in the front valance if its in good condition

1973rallye

Was this an A/C car?? Could use a few parts.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

IA76

Sorry,Been trring to post the 73 for last couple hours.Ready to throw the x!#! pc out the !X!X! window! Keeps saying the file I`m trying to upload allready exists, rename the file try again?  It is an ac car and looks all there.The front valance looks good,but has a dent on the bottom.Maybe try to post pictures again later.Thanks

1973rallye

I could use the condenser brackets, clutch fan pulley, and the heater controls if you are willing to part with them for a fair $$$. Everything was stripped from my car many years ago.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

bugsydog

i sent you a PM regarding the front valance, so if you want to try to email the pictures to me thats is fine also.

AirborneSilva

I might be interested in some parts, mainly interior but if you can post pics inside out I'm sure we would all like to see them.

IA76

Sorry for the lack of picks.I can e-mail them ,but they just won`t post here.There isn`t much interior or dash controls and the passenger mirror is gone.I`m keeping the 400,exhaust manifolds,dash frame,glove box,ashtray,windshield trim,brakes.If I get to town I`ll try and spap some other pics or ask and I`ll e-mail these.Thanks

no318

I'm interested in any underhood AC stuff from a 400/440.  Thanks.