News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 Head Leaking - Questions (pics)

Started by Surf Charger, October 31, 2011, 12:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 02, 2011, 09:20:22 PM
You can take the bumper brackets off and paint them black.

Anything to watch out for when removing...as in...do they support anything else should I remove them?

Originally the front bumper was pushed up on the driver's side due to some type of accident way back when. I thought about finding some more brackets that are straight to replace them.

projectanimal

I'm in the process of replacing my headers and went to NAPA for a set of new header bolts.....$8 for the set of 12!    :2thumbs:   think it's the cheapest part fo the restoragtion so far!!  :cheers:   bought a little sealant for the threads and took a razor to clean the head.   

looks like you have a great project started! keep the pictures flowing!   :cheers: :2thumbs:
northwest CT

Surf Charger

Quote from: projectanimal on November 04, 2011, 03:30:07 PM
I'm in the process of replacing my headers and went to NAPA for a set of new header bolts.....$8 for the set of 12!    :2thumbs:   think it's the cheapest part fo the restoragtion so far!!  :cheers:   bought a little sealant for the threads and took a razor to clean the head.   

looks like you have a great project started! keep the pictures flowing!   :cheers: :2thumbs:

Good deal at Napa! I went to the local hardware store and sourced out a set of stainless steel bolts that matched exactly to the original header bolts. So I was happy with that.