News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many trick or treaters did you get?

Started by ChgrSteve67, October 31, 2011, 09:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

69_500

We had a grand total of 2 trick or treaters last night. Went out and bought about 5 bags of candy to pass out, and then 2 kids showed up about 7 PM and not a single one after that. Guess I'll be eating all the candy now.

bobs66440

We got exactly zero. It was kind of a bust this year because the neighborhood we usually go to had no electric since Saturday (still don't).

skip68

Quote from: rudyjrusa on November 01, 2011, 03:52:32 PM
i am a christian - do not celebrate.

Well, I think it's a good idea you don't give children candy.   Although, I'm not buying the Christian card as a reason.  Back when people thought that way they also thought that anyone that was mentally ill was possessed.   We have evolved a bit since those days I think.   Oh, I  hate to burst your bubble Rudy but, ..... there are no monsters under your bed or in your closet.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 01, 2011, 11:40:24 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on November 01, 2011, 10:47:51 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 01, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
I bought 8 big bags,   gave away most of 5 bags.

Left 3 bags unopened.    She wants me to return it to the store...  um... yeah ... sure.    I left it for her to take back.  :eyes:

Last year I had 10 bags and opened them all,  but still had a lot left so I cut down this year.  

I guess trudging thru the snow doesn't exactly put kids in the mood to T&T.

Brian, just hang onto the extra bags & give it to Troy at Carlisle next year so he can hand out candy with t-shirt orders. Just remember to put it in the cooler with the beer so it doesn't end up as melted brown lumps in a wrapper.  :D

The more likely scenario is that I pig out on it for the next few weeks.   

Actually took 3 bags  back to sam's.   $32.77 back to me.    :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

nvrbdn

i say to each their own. i was brought up in a christian church. we had trick or treat parties or halloween parties at the church. our church even made floats for the halloween parade in town. that was in the 60's still today, the churches have trunk or treat where all the kids in town go. i set up a hay wagon for all my grandkids to go out on with their parents while i stay at home and hand out candy to all the local monsters. heck, i dont see nothing wrong with any of that. im still a christian. anyone that believes it isnt for them, thats fine. go with that thought. i dont see a problem with it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

We live out in the sticks so no kids stop through our place but we take candy to a local business that then distributes it to houses on the Town Green so that they don't get stuck with the whole candy bill for the town. Individual on the green said they had 282 kids before they ran out.   :o
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TeeWJay426

They actually postponed Halloween in my town due to the storm. It was rescheduled to Saturday night, 6-8. We'll see how it affects the number of trick or treaters- we usually get 40-50 kids in my neighborhood.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

rudyjrusa

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 01, 2011, 07:31:35 PM
i say to each their own. i was brought up in a christian church. we had trick or treat parties or halloween parties at the church. our church even made floats for the halloween parade in town. that was in the 60's still today, the churches have trunk or treat where all the kids in town go. i set up a hay wagon for all my grandkids to go out on with their parents while i stay at home and hand out candy to all the local monsters. heck, i dont see nothing wrong with any of that. im still a christian. anyone that believes it isnt for them, thats fine. go with that thought. i dont see a problem with it.

is there a scripture in the bible about celebrating the pagan day!

skip68

OK Rudy, what the hell do you think is really going to happen to you or any children participating in Halloween.   Really think.  I bet you've done far worse things in your life than knocking on a door and saying trick or treat.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

Quote from: rudyjrusa on November 03, 2011, 10:43:57 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on November 01, 2011, 07:31:35 PM

is there a scripture in the bible about celebrating the pagan day!

:scratchchin: almost, but nope. i wont do it.not gettin sucked in. you go on depriving yourself and those around you using the name of religion as your excuse. i will continue to celebrate life. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House