News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have a fiberglass front on their 2nd gen?

Started by Dino, October 29, 2011, 08:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I would like to know how well these pieces fit.  I can buy a hood and fenders in fiberglass, not sure if the weight difference would be beneficial but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.  I would like to know how well these pieces fit and if they attach the same as the steel parts.  For instance can the hood be bolted to the hinges and lock mechanism or can it only be attached with hood pins?

Any insight is appreciated!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

All I've ever messed with were s et of Fiberglass front fenders and they were made incredibly cheap. When we complained about it, all we got was this reply:
"Nothing wrong with our fenders. All ya'll "Southern boys" can go to hell"....This prompted me NOT to buy from this vendor anymore and tell anybody who'll listen about what was said to my friend and I...
They lasted about another 3 years and are out business now. Don't know bout the rest, but the area around the front grille where it bolts into the fender is a much needed strength point.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

elacruze

I still have a set of 'glass fenders I had made custom for my '68 way back in the early '80s. I never installed them, but they are very lightweight and since they were custom and hand-laid, very strong. No reason to think they won't fit as well as the factory fenders. Like any fiberglass, they'd have to be fit and finished. They took a month to get because these guys had to get some real steel fenders and make the molds. If you're interested, I'll take an offer for them. Otherwise they'll be at the Garlits show/swap in November.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Dino

This set seems to be on the heavy side, not as light as most fenders and hoods I've seen.  Still lighter than steel though.

I'm going to pass on it, I really don't have to have it and wouldn't know where to store my original parts.

I'll put the ad in the for sale section in case anyone else is interested.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.