News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RIP Dan Wheldon

Started by hemi68charger, October 16, 2011, 07:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerboy69

That was a terrible crash, very sad.  From what I remember he was supposed to take Danicas ride next year at Andrettis.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChgrSteve67

Only 13 laps into the race.

I don't blame the rest of the drivers for stopping the race.
Trying to get your head back into it after that would be very difficult.

Prayers go out to the friends and family.

Won't be much longer before IndyCar starts using restrictor plates.

maxwellwedge

R.I.P.    :angel:

I got the same feeling during the wreck that I got from the Dale Sr. wreck.....both times I told my wife, "this is not good".

Budnicks

He left behind a wife & 2 very young daughters, what a shame, he was only 33, he died doing what he loves at least, if that's any consolation... R I P Dan & my condolences go out to his Family friends, team mates & whole Indy Car world...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Aero426

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 16, 2011, 08:44:02 PM

Won't be much longer before IndyCar starts using restrictor plates.

THAT is exactly the problem they have now.   They need MORE horsepower.    

I was at a dinner last week where Bobby Rahal was the speaker.   He talked at length about the Wheldon deal.      He says that the cars are running with 640 HP instead of the 800 they had in the Champ Car era.   They also have much more downforce.     They need more HP and less downforce so the cars can get away from each other.