News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

All Projects are stopped injury to hand

Started by 4aThrill, October 16, 2011, 11:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Just replaced my 12 year old gun. I always wondered why the bounce trip trigger in in a little bag and not installed on the gun. Now I know. Great tools ,but.....

Glad your goimg to be alright!

69rtse4spd

Glad your up & around, sure we all have stories. Damn near cut my left thumb off at work one Sunday, drove myself to the hospital, 2.5 hours & 6 stitches later back to work. Hang in there, it will get better.  :2thumbs:.

4aThrill

I'm just glad everything turned out with great news, no broken bones or arteries,or tendons really hit or any damaged just went into the meat of my thumb area. :coolgleamA: It just feels like I am getting shocked if I move my arm,hand or thumb to fast, or in the direction it doesn't like which is everywhere.  :eek2: And just touching the thumb is like the feeling you get when your feet fall asleep that all tingling feeling ya that's my thumb for now.  but thankx guys for all the messages and stories you have too,  :2thumbs: like all my past injury's this won't slow me down one bit I will be working house and the car getting the projects done and starting new ones too.  :yesnod:

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: 4aThrill on October 17, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 16, 2011, 09:36:48 PM
Ouch!

I am working with a younger fairly green crew right now. If it is OK with you I would like to share these photos with them?

sure no problem

Thanks!

I got hit with a 3" long 1/2" crown staple when I was 17 or 18 by a co-worker. It went through two finger joints on my left hand.

ChgrSteve67

I'm really glad you did not do any serious damage to your hand. I have to work with my hands for a living too and to not be able to use one of them would really suck. I'm also glad to hear your job lets you continue to work with an injury. A lot of companies don't believe in "light duty".

I'm not going to bore you with any of my past mishapps, not enought blood to brag about and I have lost count on the number of stiches.

Rolling_Thunder

well that looks like it tickled...     

I saw a guy take a nail in this thigh once...    thing totally disappeared...     they had to go digging for it...     ouchy!
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: 4aThrill on October 17, 2011, 08:13:30 PM
And just touching the thumb is like the feeling you get when your feet fall asleep that all tingling feeling ya that's my thumb for now.

I had that same feeling in my left cheek and left upper lip (especially the lip) for about four years after getting run over by a 1,000-lb. bull in 1994. He was making a break for it from inside a pen and typically, I'd say 99% of the time, when you run straight at cattle while yelling and waving your arms they back off. This one didn't and the gate panel he tried to jump flew up and shattered my left cheek and detached it from my eye socket. It also smashed part of the Trigeminal nerve that runs through a hole in your cheek bone and spreads out under the skin. So a week or so later I had reconstructive surgery and they installed two titanium plates (plainly visible on my dental x-rays) above and below my eye socket and did their best to smooth out the shattered cheek.

Anyway, even today the left side of my upper lip and part of my left cheek feels strange and for a long time I would get sharp pains while it was healing.

learical1

Quote from: bull on October 21, 2011, 06:38:32 PM
Quote from: 4aThrill on October 17, 2011, 08:13:30 PM
And just touching the thumb is like the feeling you get when your feet fall asleep that all tingling feeling ya that's my thumb for now.

I had that same feeling in my left cheek and left upper lip (especially the lip) for about four years after getting run over by a 1,000-lb. bull in 1994. He was making a break for it from inside a pen and typically, I'd say 99% of the time, when you run straight at cattle while yelling and waving your arms they back off. This one didn't and the gate panel he tried to jump flew up and shattered my left cheek and detached it from my eye socket. It also smashed part of the Trigeminal nerve that runs through a hole in your cheek bone and spreads out under the skin. So a week or so later I had reconstructive surgery and they installed two titanium plates (plainly visible on my dental x-rays) above and below my eye socket and did their best to smooth out the shattered cheek.

Anyway, even today the left side of my upper lip and part of my left cheek feels strange and for a long time I would get sharp pains while it was healing.

Well, that explains your user name here. :yesnod:
Bruce

bull

No, that's nothing more than coincidental irony. :D They called me bull because in high school football I was the one running people over. I'd say i got my payback though when that sucker, who weighed more than three NFL linemen, smashed my face with a steel gate.