News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can someone help me out please?

Started by charger500az, October 29, 2011, 04:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger500az

I need to see what the bracket looks like that holds the emergency brake lever handle/knob up flush to the dash. I have the other part but not the bracket. Pictures would be great guys and I really appreciate it. One more thing. Can someone also show me pics of where the two tach wires come from and how to ground the tic tock tac. Thanks guys. Mopars Forever! :cheers:

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger500az

It's a 1969 Dodge Charger 500. I appeciate any help you guys can give me. Especially with pics so I can see exactly what I need.

charger500az

I just want to bump this back up towards the top of the thread. I really need some help guys. Thanks and I hope you guys have a great Saturday Night!  :popcrn:

Budnicks

A "1969 Dodge Factory Service manual" will have a complete electrical schematics & E-Brake stuff, also try www.MyMopar.com they have many useful wiring diagrams/schematics also...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

PocketThunder

I have to watch a 1 hour chick flick with my spouse then i'll go out and take the pictures that you need.  Hang on brother man.....  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: charger500az on October 29, 2011, 04:15:56 AM
I need to see what the bracket looks like that holds the emergency brake lever handle/knob up flush to the dash. I have the other part but not the bracket. Pictures would be great guys and I really appreciate it. One more thing. Can someone also show me pics of where the two tach wires come from and how to ground the tic tock tac. Thanks guys. Mopars Forever! :cheers:

The is no other bracket....the handle is part of the parking brake assy....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

poppa

Blue ones are between the inner and outer fender (behind the slash shield),red one bolts to the side.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

charger500az

I have that and it's installed. The problem is just that the handle doesn't stay straight up under the dash. It hangs down. I will probably have to try and take a vise grips and bend it but I am afraid of breaking or snapping it. Oh well. I need to give it a try. :yesnod: You guys are great with the help. Thanks. Now on the second question from above. Can someone please give me a few detailed pics or illustrations of how the tic toc tac is hooked up. The clock is working as that only needs power but where do the other wires go. I know one comes from the ignition coil but I'm having trouble finding it under the dash. Lol. Also where should I ground it to. Any pics would really help of the back and sides of an installed factory tic toc tack. Thanks and mopar to ya! :icon_smile_big:

charger500az

I got the emergency brake handle fixed. Can you guys please give me some help with the tac? Thanks in advance.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: charger500az on October 30, 2011, 08:59:57 PM
I got the emergency brake handle fixed. Can you guys please give me some help with the tac? Thanks in advance.

The search feature is your friend...use it wisely young grasshopper!  ;)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,15171.0.html

The tach is grounded to the metal dash frame itself....no separate wire
Chris' '69 Charger R/T