News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My die hard Dodge girl.

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, October 30, 2011, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

A couple weeks ago my wife was in a rollover wreck. Another car on the freeway forced her out of her lane causing her to lose control. She crossed 3 lanes of traffic before going up the embankment causing it to rollover. She was wearing her seat belt and basically just had bruising from the belt and several days of being really sore all over. She swears her Ram 1500 she loved so much was built solid and help safe her life. She will never own another truck than a Dodge Ram again. Here are some pics of the old truck and her new 08 "Cool Vanilla" Hemi Big Horn Ram that we picked up last night. The Hemi is pretty impressive, it gets better mileage than her 04 4.7.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

jb666

WOW!! Thank God she's ok...   :cheers:

68coronetGLwannabe

You cant see it in the pics but every inch of the passenger side is scratched and dented. Is slid through the rocks on that side before flipping over. She did come back to rest  rubber side down. Also the air bag didn't go of and in my book thats a plus.
"That's us in 10 years".

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Darkman

I bet that would have been scary!

Glad she is OK
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

472 R/T SE

Nice lookin' Horn.  That's a great lookin' set of wheels as well.  The designers/engineers sure dial up some sweet factory wheels.   :Twocents: :Twocents:  My Magnum is painted Cool Vanilla.  It was only a one year color for the Magnums' for whatever reason.  :shruggy:

We have something in common.  My wife totaled her truck & her Mom insisted she get another Ram since my girls were only real sore after a head on with a earthen/jersey barrier wall (no give).

Who am I to disagree?  

Luckily no one wants these old SRT 10s' since they're lousy on fuel.  My wife drives a mile to work, the wrecked '03 had 47k miles so mpg will never be an issue.  People that don't know any better are usually the first ones' saying, "it's the same as the other one."  I always tell 'em, "yep, they're identical"   :icon_smile_big:

xpbprox

It helps that it was a four door! They are stronger than the other cab configurations. My mom got hit on the rear driver side right there where the tire is by an expedition going 50. She was in my 04 F-350 4 door, she did a 360 totaled 3 other cars and we drive it home that day. Cost insurance like 16k to fix it tho haha
Trucks are the bomb!

bull

Bummer. Glad she's ok though. :2thumbs:

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 30, 2011, 09:05:04 PM
Luckily no one wants these old SRT 10s' since they're lousy on fuel.  My wife drives a mile to work, the wrecked '03 had 47k miles so mpg will never be an issue.  People that don't know any better are usually the first ones' saying, "it's the same as the other one."  I always tell 'em, "yep, they're identical"   :icon_smile_big:

I like the wheels on those SRT10 trucks. You're right, the Dodge designers do a great job on wheels.

The thing I like better on those 03-05 trucks is the cutouts in the bumper for the headlights. I think it looks better than the 06 and up.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TexasStroker

Glad she is okay and the new truck looks great...gotta love the upgrade to the 5.7 as well!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Dans 68

Glad to hear she is all right, Wade.  :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69rtse4spd

Glad that she is OK, did the A-hole that caused it all ever stop, or did they catch him.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on October 31, 2011, 07:46:12 PM
Glad that she is OK, did the A-hole that caused it all ever stop, or did they catch him.

Yes. They actually pulled over and called 911. She was cited for improper lane change and pretty much admitted guilt in the police report. She said she didn't see her because she had knocked the right side mirror off the car awhile ago. Apparently she is deaf and couldn't hear my wife honking the horn and her neck obviously can't turn to far to the right!
"That's us in 10 years".

vancamp

glad shes ok seen a dodge truck rolled here and somehow it only bent the outer skin of the roof the inner structure wasnt hurt dont know how they managed that.

skip68

After looking again at the pictures I still can't believe how lucky she is that her head or neck didn't get broken.     :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

:o  crikey !!  glad she made it out ok !!   on the driver side roof as well :o 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Dart

Wow, she is a very lucky lady!
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

ACUDANUT

Picture says 01-15-2013....Petty cool that it see's into the future. Glad she is okay.  :2thumbs:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 02, 2011, 12:50:38 PM
Picture says 01-15-2013....Petty cool that it see's into the future. Glad she is okay.  :2thumbs:

That date in the picture is telling her how long she will be making Payments. :nana:
"That's us in 10 years".